Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1926 and later Indian racing engines 45 A XX, 61 A XX, 80 A XX

Hello motorcycle enthusiasts,

I am looking for any kind of information on 1926 and later Indian 2-cam 45ci (OHV) , 61ci (SV) and 80ci (SV) racing bikes with broze timing cover.

- Does anybody have production figures of the "A-base" Indian engines? (I call it "A-base" as I think all these 2 cylinder racing engines had an engine number with "A")

- What are the numbers of bikes you know of?

- Where are surviving bikes, parts, engines?

- How long were they produced (I have seen pictures of a 1938 land speed record machine with this lower-end, but were they still made in 1938?)

- Are there any original 1920ies or 30ies pictures of SV roadracers unsing these motors?

I did a bit of reseach but could only find out little on these bikes - I hope some people in this forum know more about them and are willing to share some of their knowledge with us.....

Cheers,
    Florian AMCA # 15841

P.S.:

- my engines is 61 A 51
    - in Germany there is a 45ci OHV roadracer A45-21 1927 45ci (maybe the number is 45 A 21 - have not seen it personally)
    - Tony Leens from Holland has an 80ci racer - I do not have a number, but should be 80 A XX
    - in Denmark there is a 61ci SV Racer which has modified numbers according to the owner
    - I was told Mort Wood has a 61ci SV Racer 61 A XX
    - in the Wheels Through Time Museum there is a 45ci Hillclimber (Numbers A45-30 or 45 A 30??)
    Last edited by gsottl; 08-26-2010, 12:31 AM.
Working...
X