Help needed from the Indian Fraternity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed from the Indian Fraternity

While assisting a fellow motorcyclists widow in clearing out his shed I found high up on the wall plate a carboard box that contained the ammeters in the attached photographs. What I need is help in identifying what models the different ones fit.
    The large black Splitdorf one looks like Powerplus to me but what years use this type?
    The small flat one with the loop terminal looks like 101 Scout and if it is, is this correct for my 1928 750cc 101?
    Now to the other four;
    The two silver faced one have Hoyt Meter one the face. What model are they for?
    The black faced one has the name has "Eldredge Meter, Made in U.S.A." at the bottom of the dail face. What model Indian uses this one?
    The last one is a Weston in an Indian switchbox. Did Indian ever use Weston gauges?
    The switchboxes are basically all the same and I presume the two without the bottom claw to mount on the frame rail have been got at by someone who has cut the claw off.
    One of the two that have the switch knobs on has a metal knob while the other has a bakelite knob. Any ideas on the years used by these respective knobs?
    I've got a 1927 600cc Scout that has the 101 style front engine mount and need an ammeter for this project so i am trying to find the most appropiate one for this project before I offer the others for sale.100_0241.jpg100_0239.jpg100_0242.jpg100_0243.jpg100_0244.jpg
    Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
    A.M.C.A. # 2777
    Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Hi Peter, The 3 gauges in the housings with the flat bottom brackets are very early, teens & early 20's I think. The black faced Indian 10-10 gauge is correct for my 1929 Four, so I'd think it is right for your 28. Pretty sure it is 1928-1934. Kevin Flanagan of Indian Gauge Co. P.O. Box 503 Rockaway N.J. 07866 U.S.A. Should be able to help identify the others. Good Luck! Brian.

Comment

Working...
    X