4 key sprockets for 28-29 Indian Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 key sprockets for 28-29 Indian Four

To those who know:- Is anyone cranking out early four key motor sprockets for the early Ace and later 28-29 Indian Four? I am looking for a 17 tooth speciman in new or near new condition. Most Indian gurus supply parts for 32 and later so that wont help me. Can anyone bail me out on this one? I might even take an 18 tooth critter!... Thanks a million...Joe
    Joe AMCA# 3435

post a photo of it,mayby some has one they dont know what bike its fore.
    I have many which I dont know what bikes they fit....sow a photo would help

Comment

I wont be taking the sprocket off just for pictures, BUT, it stands alone in the sprocket world being one with FOUR (4) keyways like none other I know of. The sprocket hub is offset so one side is flat and has a 6 degree taper. Bore is .875" and tapers to aprox .725". These sprockets were inherited from the Ace and used in 1928 and most of 1929 till Indian went with a larger mainshaft and one large single key sprocket which are readily available. Its the four key that is rare, you got one like that in 17 or 18 tooth? Uses 5/8 pitch chain....Any help or source would very much be apreciated, thanks a lotsa bunch....Joe
      Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

Hi Joe
        Maybe a lame suggestion/costly but sounds like it`s the sort of job Slojo could make looking at the fine job on his cannonball bike.

Greg

Comment

hi,is it something like this..?
          http://s814.photobucket.com/albums/z...t=BILD0224.jpg

Comment

That sprocket may be the one. However, its hard for me to tell which way the taper goes. Mine has the smaller bore at the hub side. In other words, the hub mounts outward with the flat side towards the cases. That particular one is 16 tooth and too low a ratio for my application but it looks like an Ace or Indian four early model sprocket. Is it available?...Joe
            Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

mine has the flatside out.bore on mine is,there is some rust 0,75"-0.853"
              and the keys is around 0.177".
              I think there is to long way fore me to track down the rest of parts to built a bike sow if you can use it send me a pm

Comment

Roy Davies had some nice gears he made at Tiffin, maybe he can make one.

Comment

Working...
                X