Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1934 Chief parts wanted

Hello motorcycle-friends,

As I want to get my early 1934 Chief as close to original as possible I would appreciate any help and information concerning thes bikes.

I need a couple of parts for it - besides others the following are the most important:

-----85373 Primary chain case cover assembly (different shape at the clutch release worm than later models - more flat than on the later versions - please see picture attached)

----- Gas tank right and left (1 1/2" distance to the center instead of 2" like on the late 34 Chiefs)as far as I know same as ´33

-----38071 Lighting switch (1932-1934 version which is different from the later style / says "OFF" "IGN" "BRT" "DIM" instead of "P" "OFF" I" "L" "H" on top - has another base than the 35-37 version too)

There are more parts I need for this bike - if someone has these or other spares please contact me - I am also happy about any hints to where I can get these - I have a full list of parts I need and maybe can help with other rare Indian items too.

Best regards,
    gsottl AMCA #15841
    Attached Files

Call me at (603) 203-1004. My mid-year '34 did 98.5 with Robin judging it. There are two ignition switches for the 1932-35 bikes, one for mag and one for battery ignition. Different tabs/grounding when the key is in the off position. We are starting three '33s shortly. Even tougher to do correctly than '34s.

Comment

Gsottl, Please contact me regarding 1934 chief at: thevetteshop@aol.com
      Thanks, John

Comment

gsottl,
        contact me at dixchief@gmail.com I have a set of tanks. Richard

Comment

Thank you for your offers!

It seems I will have a chance to get the correct gastanks soon, but I am still looking for the right light switch for battery ignition and some more parts for my project.

If anybody is intereded I have the complete 1934 Indian Chief parts list scanned and transformed into a Microsoft excel file, so you can write your individual parts list with needed parts or plating lists etc. easily.....just contact me by PM and give me your email and I will send it to you.

I would recommand NOT to publish your email directly on the website as this is an invitation for people who are collecting addresses to send spam mails not only motorcycle collectors!

Best wishes from Europe,
          gsottl

P.S.: I will take some pictures of parts I can offer for trade and put them into this thread...

Comment

Hey Steve,
            I missed seeing your Chief at Eustis. Can you email me some photos of it?
            Thanks, RF.

Comment

Hi Fred,

some pictures of Steve´s and Randy´s Chiefs can be found here:

http://freewebs.com/colorwrite/galle...an_chief/img12

They are the best restored 1934 Chiefs I know - great motorcycles, which are a good motivation to get my project into a bike at least close to the condition these Chiefs are in.....I am sure Steve´s ´33 projects will be again as good as these! (The owner of the webite called these bikes ´33 Chiefs for some reason, but they are definately ´34)

Cheers,
              gsottl

Comment

Working...
              X