Third gear end play. BT 4 speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third gear end play. BT 4 speed

Got a problem on main shaft third gear end play. The book calls for 0 to.017. I’ve been interchanging parts left and right to resolve this problem. I finely went into the stock room and I now have an Andrews main shaft, Andrews first and second cluster and Andrews third gear (this is all 59 and up). I give Andrews credit for making that cluster tight. I had to do the freezer/oven thing to get it on the shaft. I even put 15 tons on top of it on the press to make sure it was seated at the stops on the shaft and even with this, with a standard thrust washer (.062). I’ve got .035 end play on third. I’ve had that c clip out thirty times minimum. I even made a tool to retrieve the little sucker. Anyone else here had this problem. Bob L
    AMCA #3149
    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

I'm sure that mainshaft and cluster were made with union labor. When they heard it was going to you they decided to f**k with you and make that small mind whir. Got to be it, part of the overall conspiracy theory running through your veins!
    Big brother is out to get you Bob!!
    Robbie
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

What the f**k was that about?
      AMCA #3149
      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Luland View Post
        What the f**k was that about?
        That's what I was wondering too, Bob...!
        Robbie knows his stuff, the very best there is, but.... what's with the friggen 'tude, huh?
        Last edited by Rooster; 07-17-2010, 12:05 AM. Reason: Missed the whole story.....

Comment

That's what I was wondering too, Bob...!
          Guess you came late to the party Rooster!
          Robbie
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rub View Post
            Guess you came late to the party Rooster!
            Robbie
            Yeah, I reckon I missed something along here somewhere......

Comment

you can use late four speed thrust washers,they go up to the .070s in thickness,i have set up many early four speeds with later thrust washers.just went and looked the biggest i have is.078...

Comment

Working...
              X