48-51 Chief exhausts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48-51 Chief exhausts

Can anyone recommend a supplier of pipes and mufflers that look OK and fit well for the 1948 to 51 Chiefs? Haven't bought one in a while. Sutter was the last and I need one real soon,
    thanks all

exhaust

If someone has a recommendation or a stay away from, email me personally please. Nice and private.
    cdf6333@att.net
    Bob Courboin, Beard Machine

Comment

I need one for a 51 as well, just need to know who does the most accurate reproduction and what fits the best

Comment

I'll chime in, I'm looking for my '47. That fella in Florida on e-bay has alot of used one's but I always get outbid. I'm not willing to go that high on an unknown. Sorry for the hijack.
        Pete Cole AMCA #14441
        1947 Indian Chief

Comment

I bought my pipes from Greer Engineering. Fit like factory, but then I'm easy to please.

Comment

Greers

Hi was it a 48-51 set? Was it plated? Sorry, the catalog is a tad confusing.

Comment

46-46 Chief

BTW, the 46 and 47 are entirely a different beast. One piece front to back. I had Robin Markey build mine about 20 years ago and it's still perfecto!!!!!Love it,just wish there was something in the muffler, Chiefs seem to run better and quieter with a tad of back pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by cdf6333 View Post
                Hi was it a 48-51 set? Was it plated? Sorry, the catalog is a tad confusing.
                I bought mine about eight years ago and I was able to buy it plated. It doesn't look like they offer that anymore. I got the 641011 46-47 set as mine is a 47. Looks like you would want the JG-3576 48-51 set. Looks like the only difference is the rear mounting tab is welded to the exhaust pipe, where the later exhaust pipe use a clamp on mount. Good luck finding what you want.

Comment

If you are looking for the most authentic / accurate / great fitting exhaust system available I make it!

The original Indian muffler was made by "NELSON"

On our reproduction exhaust we have stamped: "NELSON MUFFLER CORP" exactly like the original!

Nobody else, currently, has gone to this level of detail on their exhaust systems.
                  You can see a picture here:

http://www.starklite.com/indian-moto...ted-80p739.htm

We have the exhaust available chrome plated or unchromed. With a unchromed system, you are able to fit the exhaust to your bike and weld it together to make it exact original 1pc system for the 46-47 models!

If you have any questions on this or any other item, just give me a call.

Sincerely,
                  Gary Stark
                  Starklite Cycle
                  951-968-3070
                  888-SLC-INDIAN

Comment

Working...
                  X