Toney Watson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toney Watson

Where to begin… I sincerely, from the depth of my soul, want to thank everyone for the love, prayers, and offers of assistance throughout this difficult time. The outpouring of appreciation for this wonderful human being, whom I proudly called my partner, is so warmly received. The heartfelt cards and phone calls coming from all corners of the country, and even the world, moved Toney in a way that words cannot express. “Thank you” doesn’t seem quite adequate.
    In true Toney fashion, we will hold a celebration of his birth and life on June 4th (his birthday) at our home in Massillon, Ohio. We will then saddle up and ride to Florida the next day, where he wished to be thrown to the wind off the Daytona Beach Pier. It’s a place that he could always escape to, where he felt wild and free. This past February 18th, despite physical symptoms of his worsening illness, Toney braved the trip to Daytona on his ‘51 Chief Indian, feeling it might be his last. Anyone who is able and willing is more than welcome to join us on Toney’s very final ride. And every coming year during Bike Week and the Eustis meet, I hope the pier might act as a place of solitude which friends with lingering Indian questions might escape to in hopes of an answer. Or even just a hello and God Bless.
    Phone calls, though very appreciated, can be overwhelming as I am very emotional. Further details about these events will be posted soon.

Deb

Deb
    I just found this post waiting to be approved, do not know why. I apologize
    Kevin Valentine 13
    EX-Chief Judge

Comment

I spent several enjoyable days in Daytona with Toney over the years, including our old Indian rallies at Klassix Auto Museum. Toney was always a great supporter and friend of this show. We will miss him.
      Buzz Kanter
      Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
      [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
      [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

I was thinking of Toney Watson today and thought I would take a picture of my '40 Chief at Siesta Beach on the Gulf of Mexico. I think it would be great if everyone who has a bike that Toney helped them with; would post a picture of it and keep his memory alive. By the way; there isn't a trace of oil or tar on Sarasota beaches so don't hesitate to vacation here.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Toney helped me with alot of bikes I've worked on, and some of my own, heres a 48 I've had for quite a while
          Attached Files

Comment

That's a great picture Eric. It's looks like two Indians have made an appearance... let's hope there are more to come..
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

I know Toney helped with my '40. We got parts from him to do the engines on Ross's '46 and Drew's '35. BTW this pic was taken about 20 miles North of Eric's!
              http://laughingindian.com/
              http://flatheadownersgroup.com/
              A.M.C.A. Member Since 1986

Comment

I thought it was Very thoughtful for the Chesapeake Chapter to hand out they Memorial Cards for Toney at the Jefferson Meet, They were right up front at the check in table,they also had them for Dick Winger, Someone told me V-twinn supplied them.

Comment

Kuddo's to VTwin/Ted Cycle-touching tribute to both AMCA members!

Comment

Working...
                  X