Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toney Watson

It is with deepest regrets that I have to tell you that on May 9 2010
    one of the best loved member of this club Toney Watson passed. he would have been 52 on June 4th. He will be missed by us all.
    Kevin Valentine 13
    EX-Chief Judge

Toney Watson

This is a shame. Condolences to his family and scores of friends. Toney helped me out in many phone conversations regarding issues on my '46 Chief. You will be sorely missed, friend...
    Last edited by BONES47FL; 05-10-2010, 11:11 PM.

Comment

My sincere condolences for his family and friends. Paps

Comment

He also helped me out on the phone with my '46 Chief, bummer to hear this about another great AMCA member loss. RIP
        #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Toney, was a great person and I was very lucky to know him and call him my friend. I am thankful for getting the chance to talk to him last week and ride with him over the last few years. He set the standard and was an amazing guy.
          A.M.C.A. Board Member

www.oldbikesinsd.blogspot.com

www.pre1916scramble.blogspot.com

Comment

Toney helped me in my writing with lots of information about Indian Chiefs. He was a thorough scholar and a complete gentleman.
            Jerry Hatfield

Comment

Tony was a great guy with tons of knowledge and a willingness to share it. The club has lost a fine member. Vaya Con Dios, Amigo!
              Robbie
              Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

May the Good LORD Rest His SOUL in PEACE and may the family solice in the fact he suffers no more! The one thing I remember about Toney is he was just a regular guy who always talked to anyone and had the same passion as I Old Motorcycles! RIP !

Comment

I've been working on a Henderson that I got in a trade with Toney. It was probably about 15 years ago that Toney brought this Hen to Florida, out of the blue without notice. He knew I had a pile of post war Indian Chief stuff including 2 complete bikes. He also knew that I was fed up with having all of that Indian stuff in my way. It didn't take much arm twisting to talk me out of it so we spent 6 hours getting it all packed into that big Dodge diesel he had. He was happy, I was happy, it was a good deal.

I've been working on this Hen for about 3 weeks and I've been aware of Toney's condition since Eustis but pretty oblivious about the seriousness of it. People told me it was bad but I often choose denial over reality so Kevin's letter this morning hit me right between the eyes. I want to take this bike to Denton and of course I want it to run. I thought it would be a nice personal tribute to Toney if I could make that happen but after an afternoon of kicking and superficial adjustmets, it won't even cough. So, I'm thinking; what's this Karma all about. Is it punishment, or a curse?

Now that I've had a shower and I'm more relaxed I realize it's none of that Karma stuff and the Hen doesn't run because something mechanical is just not right. Whatever form Toney's soul has taken; it doesn't care about some dumb old Henderson and whether I can make it run for the Denton meet. God's speed Toney. . . No one that ever met you will forget you.
                  Eric Smith
                  AMCA #886

Comment

My condolences to his family & friends.

This is going to take a while for many of us to get over. Toney was way too young to have to go so soon.

This reminds us that any of us could be gone tommorrow, so treat each other accordingly.

Toney was an awesome guy to know.

Comment

Toney, may the Lord's perpetual light shine upon you. I will miss your kindness and friendship and I will continue to say Rosaries for you, Debee and your family.
                      Denise

Comment

Toney was very helpful to me when I first started my business and needed information on Indian seats. He also steered me to another gentleman who helped me with the Harley stuff. He always seemed to have or take the time to talk with me and for that I will always be greatful. May he rest in peace and may his family and friends always keep the memories--Michael

Comment

It Saddens me deeply to hear this news, about 15 years ago when I got my first chief, I took it t Oley & a friend of mine Dave, pointed out Toney to me & said that's the guy to know if you have any questions about your chief, well I went up & siad hi talked for alittle & told him about my bike he said "Let's See It" so I rode it over to his spot it checked it out told me it looked great, sounded great, checked it for accuracy said "Good Job" & walked away. I have always respected his Knowledge & expertise on Indians, He was always at a meet to talk to & ask advice. On the rhinebeck road run I had a problem with the carb throttle plate I finished the day, got back to the motel & Toney tore apart his & Rockey's truck looking for parts I needed to fix it, we could'nt find any so he pulled out a linkert from his sales items & told me take what I need off of it so mine runs well, I scavenged what I could use & when I asked him what I owe for the parts he said " Ah Don't Worry About it"
                          Whenever I needed to repair my bike I could call Toney & he not only figured out what it could be over the phone but he would give me step by step instructions on how to fix it, send me the parts I needed & also tell me the **** you only learn from doing it a few times so as to skip the problems that might arise during the repair, The stories go on & on, The reason I mention this is that I want to convey that Toney was what this club is all about, each one of us helping each other, so that the machines can be "ENJOYED",
                          He was not only a good person, & helpful person, he was a friend to all in the club This is a great loss to the club I am glad I knew him & I know I'm a better Indian Rider because of him & I am glad I had the chance to know him He is in our prayers as well as Debbie & their Family,
                          God Bless you my FRIEND
                          Joe Oz

Comment

Happier Times
                            Attached Files
                            Cheerio,
                            Peter
                            1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

God Speed Toney

I`ve known Toney more than a few years now and it saddens me to lose a friend and Indian mentor. In the last few years he helped me with my racing Scout and always took the time to help.
                              Eventhough he helped us with the Henderson`s and Hot Dogs, he was a true blue Indian guy. I can see a special award for Indian`s in the future named in his honor.
                              We all know he deserves a lasting tribute for all he did for us, the club and the sport. God Speed my friend, you will be missed..... My prayers are with his family.
                              Art Delor
                              AHRMA Class "C" Handshift # 12
                              INDIAN !
                              Last edited by indianracing12; 05-11-2010, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X