Judging Disclaimer Way Over the Top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judging Disclaimer Way Over the Top

After reading the disclaimer and Richard's explanation I must respectfully ask what is the basis for this? Has the AMCA, an individual board member and/or the Judging Committee or individual judge been sued by a disgruntled buyer who was stupid enough not to perform his or her due diligence prior to the purchase.

The Classic Car Club of America and the AACA don't seem to have any concerns about such disclaimers and their members have million dollar plus cars like Dusenburgs and Ferraris that when offered for sale sometimes have their pedigrees (trophies won) advertised to indicate what the quality of the vehicle is.

I am speculating that a possible underlying reason may be the fact that some totally refabricated motorcycles or motor stands have been judged and given national awards. To me, this is the bigger issue when these things get in the hands of people down the road who will misrepresent the provenance of the machines and cite the awards as a testimonially to their authenticity. IMHO, this is the bag of snakes and has nothing to do with the average AMCA member who did a nice job restoring a '46 Chief or a '58 Sportster and was recognized for the effort.

Steve Ciccalone
Working...
X