This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ted's Repop Parts

I see that Ted's is working on swamping the AMCA Foundation all ready. A separate thread for Ted's is in order and will probably draw a lot of interest. I have only had experience with a few of Ted's part & was not satisfied at all. Jim

Ted's Repop Parts

I can see that the AMCA Foundation thread is going to get over run with Ted's. I think a separate link is in order. Comments good or bad will be of help to let people know what fits and what does not fit. I have only had experience with a few of their parts and was not happy with any of them. Jim

Comment

If he's going to be a subject, we might as well start by distinguishing his name. I know the name of his business is "Tedd's V-Twin." So it's Tedd, with two tees. (I mean, dees!) There are a lot of "Teds" out there, but by spelling it "Tedd,", there's probably only one, so everyone will know who we're talking about.
      Last edited by Sargehere; 03-31-2010, 07:57 PM.
      Gerry Lyons #607
      http://www.37ul.com/
      http://flatheadownersgroup.com/

Comment

That's two Ds Sarge!
        Robbie
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rub View Post
          That's two Ds Sarge!
          Robbie
          Altzheimer's strikes someone every every seven seconds, Robbie!
          Gerry Lyons #607
          http://www.37ul.com/
          http://flatheadownersgroup.com/

Comment

I don't think this A.M.C.A forum is a place to make comments about a fellow member. There are other forums out there if you must. D.A.Bagin #3166
            D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Can't remember when I bought any parts from V-Twin, I like original parts, but I do know that they have been sponsoring (paying for) the national trophies for the last year or so at the national meets as long as they get recognition by adding "sponsored by V-Twin" on them. Ya, I know it's advertising but something they don't have to do.
              Louie
              FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
              Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
              YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

I just don't understand why the don't correct the problems of their products that dont fit without reworking them. I good frend bought a springer front fender and ended up making new fender braces to get it to set the right height off the tire.

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.Bagin View Post
                  I don't think this A.M.C.A forum is a place to make comments about a fellow member. There are other forums out there if you must. D.A.Bagin #3166
                  OK! Lets do a spin on it. Will change it to V-Twin piece of **** products. Does that make ya a happy camper now?
                  AMCA #3149
                  http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by junkyarddog View Post
                    I just don't understand why the don't correct the problems of their products that dont fit without reworking them. I good frend bought a springer front fender and ended up making new fender braces to get it to set the right height off the tire.
                    Why should they? You and a lot of other people are buying there crap just the way it is. The fender? Chinese tape measure verses American tape measure. One slides out sideways and the other flat.
                    AMCA #3149

Comment

I don't want every post on here to be negative.
                      The friend with the fender also bought a frame, sent it back and found an original.
                      A front crash bar, had to rework and rechrome.
                      A springer front end and was happy enough to keep and use it.
                      My self. I bought a set of replacement forward controls for a 68 Shovel Bobber.
                      I had to drill and tap the shift lever for a set screw into the shaft to keep it from slipping.
                      The brake pedal pivot stud in the plate fell off, luckly on a county road instead of traffic.
                      Passed my turn because of no rear brake. Went back and found the stud a found a good welder in Alabama. It is back on to stay now. Jim

Comment

Hi Robert, I'm pretty much a happy camper all the time. Maybe that's because I treat people with respect and civily when I converse with them and usually get the same in return.. I have read many of your posts on this forum and others and have enjoyed them. I'm not here to debate the quality of V-Twin parts and I do realise that some may not be what you are looking for or correct in all aspects but they do serve some people their needs. They may not have the talent you possess to do a correct restoration or the funds and time neccesary to run down original parts. They keep old bikes on the road and I thought this is what the club is about. No one holds a gun to anyones head and makes them buy them. Enjoy the weather today. Go for a ride. I am. Have a nice day. D.A.Bagin #3166
                        D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Luland View Post
                          OK! Lets do a spin on it. Will change it to V-Twin piece of **** products. Does that make ya a happy camper now?
                          It seems an extremely valid topic to me. For instance, the K model / Sportster fender is an excellent replica. Many of the other parts don't fit (like the early Sportster two into one exhaust). It would be valuable, I think, to distinguish the good from the bad, as it is the primary source for re-pop parts.

Oh, and fellow member or not, he does make his living (and a handsome one, I presume) selling the rest of us re-pop parts, which makes him fair game in my book.
                          Last edited by moon wolf; 04-01-2010, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.Bagin View Post
                            Hi Robert, I'm pretty much a happy camper all the time. Maybe that's because I treat people with respect and civily when I converse with them and usually get the same in return.. I have read many of your posts on this forum and others and have enjoyed them. I'm not here to debate the quality of V-Twin parts and I do realise that some may not be what you are looking for or correct in all aspects but they do serve some people their needs. They may not have the talent you possess to do a correct restoration or the funds and time neccesary to run down original parts. They keep old bikes on the road and I thought this is what the club is about. No one holds a gun to anyones head and makes them buy them. Enjoy the weather today. Go for a ride. I am. Have a nice day. D.A.Bagin #3166
                            Crap is crap! There’s nothing more to be played into this. Your first statement is wrong. This is the perfect forum for this thread. Sorry you think this stuff permisable. I don’t posses all the knowledge you thing. I’m just lucky I’m in the dying metal business in this Country. Let’s keep in mind this is tractor back yard technology. It doesn’t take much to listen to people and get it right. When you knowingly sell bogus products to people that makes you a thief (Scumbag). Let see now. Reinbeck 30 miles from Tedd’s front door and now our so called “Museum” is going straight to his front door. I can’t be a total jackass here. Maybe it’s time everybody here should start waking up. By the way, I didn’t mean to ruffle your feathers. Bob L
                            AMCA #3149

Comment

Moon Wolf, I have no problem with constructive criticisim. Its derogatory un-called for remarks that I have a problem with. Any buisness is "Fair game". Especially in the internet age You used a key word Fair D A Bagin

Comment

Working...
                              X