1910/11 Thor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1910/11 Thor

Hello , seen this on the English eBay , wish I could afford it but cannot so thoouught I'd let you all know , looks a nice original bike , Ken

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1910-11-Thor-I...item3a5927891e
    Ken

Thanks for posting that Ken........ cool bike!!!
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

1910/11 Thor

Hi all, I just bought the bike. Apart from some 'general' repairs its main requirement is a carb. Does anyone have any info? I saw a thread from 2001 from an AMCA Greg and have e-mailed but without luck. All help appreciated.
      Thanks, Ian
      Ian Biddle
      www.f-head.com

Comment

Thor...

Congrats, Ian, that is one beautiful machine! And all these bike builders now think they are being original with flat black paint! What they just don't know...

Comment

Well its taken some time but we got her fired up today. We added a later Schebler carb as we couldn't find a "correct" one but I've been told that was a common upgrade as they ran better! Having said that it anyone know of a lead ... please let me know.

I'll add more details later if anyone is interested and now she's running I'll get some miles on her and then she's for sale again.

This link may work, otherwise just copy and paste it. Cheers, Ian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAwCI...ature=youtu.be
          Ian Biddle
          www.f-head.com

Comment

Congratulations Ian. You have to love a single because they are half the misery of a twin. Bud Cox (The Old Sage) in Kansas was an avid participant in a belt drive run their Sunflower Chapter put on. He used to say that a belt drive bike should be a single because it was just the right amount of horsepower and torque for the machine. He thought twins were just too powerful for that method of transmission. I guess I'll find out with my Merkel twin. Your Thor sounds great.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
            X