My new old barn find DGP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new old barn find DGP

I just got this the other day.I was told it was over 50years ago it last was on the street,I think that sounds right if you look at the photos.it had a accident
    50 years ago the fork was bent,then they used it as a parts bike.
    I think it would work out fine fore disply as it is....

http://s814.photobucket.com/albums/z...licescout1.jpg

http://s814.photobucket.com/albums/z...licescout2.jpg

are you teasing us?
    And what's with the "display"? Get a battery, or some gas, .....
    or tell me what you want for it.

Comment

no I am not teasing ....normally when I get a new old bike,is to fire it up,
      unless it stand in my bedroom.why I said display,was that in this condtion
      would it be great fore display,when people see it they would think if this bike could talk....what a story we could get.
      and it dont need a battery,only a magneto...and fuel

Comment

Originally posted by glaser 31 View Post
        no I am not teasing ....normally when I get a new old bike,is to fire it up,
        unless it stand in my bedroom.why I said display,was that in this condtion
        would it be great fore display,when people see it they would think if this bike could talk....what a story we could get.
        and it dont need a battery,only a magneto...and fuel
        I'm very jealous, but excited for you as well.
        I tried to get into the 101's some years ago, bought eng/trans unit, but couldn't follow through on the rest (yet). .. magic in the name, more magic in the iron!

Comment

I had a police scout 20 years ago ,that I restored and then sold it.beacuse
          fore the money I could get 6 unrestored bikes.I always regret that I sold it.
          but now I have1 agian.and this one I will keep.

when I was 16 years old a man told where there was a old indian.I
          went out to the man,yes he had a indian,but not fore sale this was fore his son.
          I asked if I could se it No he said,I drove by him the next 10 years,and asked
          if it now was fore sale,and same answer no .then I forgot all about the old indian,
          until last year when I was out looking on 2 powerplus basketcase,they was to bad fore me.Then I rember the old indian,drove home found the number fore the old man (now 30 years later) he still had it,I said now must it be the time to make a deal ,he said yes next day I went by him to se the indian fore the first time,,,sow nice it was put away in 1963..
          next day I cleaned the carb and the points,and fired it up...
          and this bike is a 600cc.

http://s814.photobucket.com/albums/z...BILD0040-1.jpg

Comment

Sweet.

Comment

Persistance pays off.
              Pete Cole AMCA #14441
              1947 Indian Chief

Comment

Working...
              X