Some lifters not rotating.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some lifters not rotating.

I see on my 29 402, some of the lifters dont rotate. I am asuming at the lower speeds only becouse I pulled them out and they are wearing evennly all the way around. They must be rotating at fifty-sixty MPH but I cant look down to check of course, might hit a tree or an on coming highway truck.!!! Any opiniosd on that?..Are yours similar on your four?....thanks..Joe
    Joe AMCA# 3435

402 lifters

Hi Joe. On my 29 402 they don't all turn at idle, and I don't care to check them at speed either. As a matter of fact when I first got it I noticed one of them turning at idle and thought there was a problem, not knowing it was normal to be rotating......(Rookie!) Brian.

Comment

Yes, we; I have four rotating and four not rotating at idle or above, but I pulled them out for a lookie see. They are wearing normal, very cicular pattern, only shiny, looks good. They must be rotating at road speeds as none are "broomed" if you know what i mean. Thanks for your input and I guese its normal since the cam is not perfect anymore. Old cam with new lifters....Joe
      Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

Though mine is a Henderson deluxe, I noticed the same thing and was wondering about it. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Hi Tom:- When I rebuilt my engine, some of the lifters were "broomed", that is worn in one spot. I supose eventually, some may stop rotating completely and wear that way again. Lifters are cheaper than a cam. Especially 29. No one is making those as far as I know. Later cams are available but for how long we never know. Its mostly to keep the cam in good order if a lifter is suspect, change it out to save a cam...Joe
          Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

Working...
          X