The restoration officially begins!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The restoration officially begins!

My 1936 BMW R2 made it onto the bench at the Restoration shop today, after I spent over 8 years on the "parts search" Todd can finally start "spinning wrenches" on my bike!

Unclviny
    Attached Files
    AMCA #9037
    www.vinceandersononline.com
    1973-1/2 LWB BMW R75/5
    1971 Norton Commando
    1952 Triumph TRW
    1936 BMW R2

Bmw R2

Nice bike...has really clean lines!...Bones

Comment

Originally posted by vince_A View Post
      My 1936 BMW R2 made it onto the bench at the Restoration shop today, after I spent over 8 years on the "parts search" Todd can finally start "spinning wrenches" on my bike!

Unclviny
      If you need more help let me know, we restore German bikes dedicated to 1935-1945. I just finished an Indian for the hell of it and came out rather nice.
      Mike Dunn
      Vintage German Motorcycles
      www.vintagegermanmotorcycles.com

Comment

Mike,
        A question has popped up and I'm looking for informed opinions:

I have been asked if I was going with the Bavarian Blue panel on the tank-top.

I think (but I'm not too much of a thinker, it makes my head hurt) that the earlier style gas tanks (the "puffy" or dome-topped ones) had the Blue panel but the later "flat-top" (1935 and 1936?) did not.

I am interested in getting this as correct as possible so if the Blue panel does not belong I will not use it. And I am interested in opinions, the photo's I have are not definitive.

Vince
        AMCA #9037
        www.vinceandersononline.com
        1973-1/2 LWB BMW R75/5
        1971 Norton Commando
        1952 Triumph TRW
        1936 BMW R2

Comment

Vince,

The blue is correct,

Mike

Originally posted by vince_A View Post
          Mike,
          A question has popped up and I'm looking for informed opinions:

I have been asked if I was going with the Bavarian Blue panel on the tank-top.

I think (but I'm not too much of a thinker, it makes my head hurt) that the earlier style gas tanks (the "puffy" or dome-topped ones) had the Blue panel but the later "flat-top" (1935 and 1936?) did not.

I am interested in getting this as correct as possible so if the Blue panel does not belong I will not use it. And I am interested in opinions, the photo's I have are not definitive.

Vince
          Mike Dunn
          Vintage German Motorcycles
          www.vintagegermanmotorcycles.com

Comment

Working...
          X