George Twine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Twine

I am sorry to report that Yankee George Twine died Sunday, March 7, George join the club in 1966, REST IN PEACE!

RIP......Always very saddened to hear of anyones loss. Paps

Comment

This is one of the only parts of this club I hate. I wish we could keep 'em all. Rest in peace George...

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/har...&pid=140522136
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

George Twine was one of my Excelsior guru's. A very nice and approachable fellow. My deepest condolences to his friends and family.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

frist time I met george

I'll always remember meeting George at the first antique swap meet that I attended it was in ny at the elctric city riders fairgrounds in 1979 my friend Dennis Virgin and I where looking at a old knuckle head (1936) and it was in the back of George's dads truck it was missing some of the parts but mostly complete, well we got a quick class on why the 36 was different from the rest of them, that chance meeting cemented a life long friendship. I always looked forward to seeing George and his family at the meets,I know he was hoping that I would bring something for him to complete his collection and I was always searching his table for anything I could use, I found alot of parts that made my collection a little better, from the clutch on my 09 merkel to the pedal cranks for my camel tank Thor, thank you George for being the person you where. you will be missed by all

Comment

George was one of the owners of my all original 38 chief. he was also willing and able to help me verify the entire ownership history of the bike. A real loss.

Comment

George explained to me the proper procedure for keeping Coker tires on clincher rims. Scary procedure but it worked. Fond memories of a nice gentleman.
              Rest in Peace Mr. Twine
              Johnny Whitsett
              AMCA # 8626

Comment

May he rest in eternal peace and may God's perpetual light shine upon him.
                Denise

Comment

Another pioneer of our club has gone.His conversation & knowledge of the early machines will be greatly missed.He was always helpful and willing to share .My deepest sympathys to Bev & family.
                  Rick Wolfe
                  AMCA #3749

Comment

George Twine

I met George in about 1970 when I joined AMC. He was one of the best restorers along with his father Bob. He owned everything that "we" ever dreamed about and could fix anything.--- One time at Lars Anderson I told him I needed a horn for a 101 Scout. He had his at the meet. He went to his truck and brought back wrenches and took off the one on his restored Scout and gave it to me! He said he had an extra.----- 20 years later I gave him a handlebar mounted pocket watch holder for his 1912 Indian that he wanted badly. I quess that made us even ,but I,ll never forget the horn. Mike Hashem 722 AMC

Comment

Working...
                    X