1946 Chief assembly line pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1946 Chief assembly line pictures

I uploaded a bunch of actual assembly line pictures to facebook. I put them in a "public album" so you don't have to join facebook. Interesting to say the least. They were taken VERY early 1946 as they were printed in both the March and the April-May issues of "The Rogers Round-Ups".
    First, black only, eh?
    Second, know why they used fillister screws to hold the coil? The coil was installed before the cylinders.

Here's the link

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...3&l=5b83e99741

And if someone can tell me about "the harps" (drill pic) I'd love it. I don't have a clue!

Hi Bob
    "the Harps" my best guess Higgins/Collins both Irishmen?

Comment

Thanks CDF.
      Pete Cole AMCA #14441
      1947 Indian Chief

Comment

Photos...

Wow, cdf, these were just excellent! Now I know who touched my parts. Uh, on my 1946 Indian Chief!...Bones

Comment

Hi, new to forum... Would luv to see the pics you refer to here. Still have them?

Comment

Originally posted by Jascanio View Post
            Hi, new to forum... Would luv to see the pics you refer to here. Still have them?
            Same here...wasn't able to access the photos. I would real interested since I have a '46 Chief.

Comment

Picking up my '46 on Monday. I'll have to be patient though. Won't be riding till Spring... Blizzard right now. I have one of those pics at my office. Beautiful black Chief.

Comment

Hey, don't know what happened to Facebook link, but try this Shutterfly link. Should be called 1946 Chief Assembly Line

http://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/v...bbd47cbb382743

That should be a public folder, but I'm such a klutz at this, who knows.

If that doesn't work, I have them and a few others on my facebook page, try: bob courboin, and friend request if needed, but that should be public also.

Last resort, email me and I'll send as attachment: cdf6333@gmail.com

Comment

Just did the friend request (I think I did it right, it's my wife's Facebook). I think the problem is that the ShutterFly file has "expired".
                  Thanks Jim

Comment

I was able to see them on the Face Book page. Thanks. I wonder if mine was one of those being built since mine is an early 1946??

PA280013.jpg

Comment

I think it's the 2nd one in the "Chorus Girl" line up...LOL. BTW, if that's a pic of your bike she's a beauty!!. The fella I bought mine from likes his Indians dirty. I am really struggling with how much patina I want removed. Frankly, when I look at bikes like yours my pulse goes up. Did you have your engine re-cad'd? And is the color a dark blue?

Comment

Thanks. I bought the bike as is (restored). I think the engine has been re-cad'd. And yes, the color is called Police Blue or sometimes Midnight Blue.

Comment

Working...
                        X