Katherine "Kay" Moneghan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katherine "Kay" Moneghan

Katherine E. "Kay" (Mackinaw) Moneghan, 88 years of age from West Bridgewater, died peacefully at her home on Sunday, Feb. 28, 2010 after a brief illness. She was the wife of the late Lawrence T. "Monty" Moneghan. Born and raised in Brockton, she was the daughter of the late George and Katherine (Troy) Mackinaw. A 1939 graduate of Brockton High School, she worked at New England Telephone before her marriage and moving to West Bridgewater in 1952. In 1947, Kay and her husband Monty established Monty's Cycle Shop in West Bridgewater. Upon his death in 1959 she continued to run the business while she raised her young family. Kay was past president and treasurer of the New England Harley Davidson Dealers Association and was one of the original members of the Tumbleweeds Motorcycle Club. In her free time Kay enjoyed her home and gardens. She traveled the world extensively on motorcycles with her children. She opened her home to all and will be fondly remembered as a "mother" and "grandmother" to many. To many she was also known as "Lady Kay".

more:

http://www.patriotledger.com/busines...oors-for-women

I often hear feminists talk about how oppressed women were in the past; yet here you have a woman like Katherine Moneghan that accomplished so much in a "man's" world. It's obvious she was a special person with lots of drive and personality. It sounds like she was a real gift to her family and friends. My deepest condolences to her family.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

May she find eternal PEACE GOD BLESS!!!

Comment

My sincere condolences to her family members and friends. Paps

Comment

Working...
        X