Hand shift top assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand shift top assembly

Could someone tell me how to assemble the shift arm and gear in the top cover of my 47 knuckle tranny? I know how to do the rachet lid one,but find a clear explanation on the hand shift one.

hello george----look at the gear on the shifter drum----one of the teeth has a bevel on it. you have to time it with the other big gear on the end of the shaft. 47 and up the arm goes down 46 and earlier it goes up. the gears are timed the same though just the position of the lever is 180 out. once you find the beveled tooth, count the grooves in the other tooth. the beveled tooth goes in the 6th groove from the left in the picture

Last edited by flat-happy; 02-26-2010, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Flat-Happy
      Thank you for your reply. I understand the timing of the shfter barrel to the gear,but how is the gear on the shaft positioned. Thank You

Comment

join up here george http://www.caimag.com/forum/ don't forget to introduce yourself as a new member---some are thin skinned----i never did that because i didn't know. sensitive bikers----who knew???

Comment

That kind of turned me off that forum. Stand up and introduce yourself. What's your favorite color? . . . Geeze, what is this; A.A.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
          X