Need advise for accurate Triumph parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advise for accurate Triumph parts

Hey all - my latest love affair is with a 1976 Bonneville 750 with 4200 original miles, that I just found in a garage in Iowa. I am getting it ready to ride this year, and show in 2011 at Davenport (when it is eligible), but I am already running into frustration with finding correct parts. So far every place I've dealt with says the parts are "just like original", but they obviously don't know what that means! Most of the several parts I have received are close, but not exactly right.
    Can you recommend a good supplier of NOS or accurate repro Triumph parts? Someone who KNOWS what correct means? Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I just emailed several of the vendors that I have dealt with.

I am getting frustrated at this point, because I have ordered parts from 4 different vendors now, and all 4 supplied me with parts that fit, functioned, and were kind of close, but were not exact.

I hope I am wrong, but it seems in the Triumph world, the word correct has a different meaning. Maybe there are no reliable vendors?
    Last edited by jupiter2; 01-29-2010, 10:43 AM.
    Jim
    AMCA #466

76 Parts

Jim, the older bike repop parts got better as demand increased. Your bike parts may not have the big demand as yet for quality parts. We have delt with British Cycle Supply out of Canada with very good results ( they have a warehouse in the US) also Domi Racer seems to be a good source also, although a little more pricey.
    Cass

Comment

I've dealt with both the outfits Cass mentioned for older Triumph parts and was generally pleased. Have seen Domi Racer get in some bad batches of repro rubber parts, knee pads, grips, footpeg rubbers. Some were so bad I don't know why they even shipped them out, but they took them back, no problem. I've had good luck with Baxter Cycle, And Raber's in San Jose CA is great. There was a Guy in B.C. I got a lot of stuff from too, the name escapes me right now. And several outfits out of England carry some decent stuff. Unfortunatey, ugly repops, or nice looking re-pops that don't fit are a problem for most makes, the crappy HD repops really take the prize. Sometimes you just don't know untill you get the part in your hand if it's worth a damn, and if it's not, I send it right back and tell 'em why. Then keep on looking. I would think there would be a lot of NOS stuff still around for your bike, I'd look in the Triumph Owners International Club magazine for suppliers/sellers.
      Doug.
      Doug McLaughlin #6607
      NorCal, USA

Comment

Thanks, guys for the advise. Some good leads!
        Jim
        AMCA #466

Comment

Hi Jupiter 2

http://www.triumphrat.net/classic-vintage-and-veteran/

This is a link to a vintage triumph forum . Just like this AMCA forum with a lot of experts willing to help.

Post your same "poor parts" question. Also it would be helpful to be a little more specific as to what parts/pieces you are having trouble with.

Comment

If you still are looking for parts try Steve Collins in Suttersville, PA

http://www.collinscycle.com/collins_cycle_service.htm
            Rich
            AMCA #8438

Comment

Called steve but unless you need a bunch of parts or a motor o/h he did not want to mess with my little order. Nice on the phone about it but said no.
              #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Domiracer is out of business, got auctioned off last year.

Comment

Rabers triumph parts mart in San Jose allowed me to rebuild my T140 76 Bonniville . They supply a lot of the other part outlets . He has stock or repo whatever u need . Give them a call they are really helpful and will remember your name after a couple of calls
                  FNA

Comment

Rabers in San Jose Cal.

I forgot to mention that they can answer almost any question over the phone . And if u can go there they have a couple of rooms filled with used parts that pretty much looks like a wrecking yard for triumphs only nothing is bent. Just call them and talk once I was always amazed at what they knew without looking at a book plus when I moved to the north west I found every triumph shop got their parts from Rabers.
                    Now I'm done
                    FNA

Comment

Working...
                    X