Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What regulator is used when 32E 3 brush converted to a 2 brush ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What regulator is used when 32E 3 brush converted to a 2 brush ?

As it is a well known fact that the 32E 3 brush generator was not designed to maintain the battery charge if your "State Laws" require that you ride with the headlamp on all the time and/or your cruising in the 50 mph+ for extended rides. One option would be to convert the 32E 3 brush to a 2 brush generator and control output with a voltage regulator. While searching the web for a suitable regulator, I saw http://v-tronic.com/vtronic/index.ph...d=42&Itemid=55 Does anyone know of a supplier that markets these? Anyone have experience with this regulator or other ones that you might want to comment on, positive and negative feed is welcomed. Thanks Tim

I've used their 12 volt regulator on 32Es I've converted to 12 volts numerous times with no problems. I've never used a 6 volt one but I would expect it regulator to work equally as well. Just recently I asked Kurt at 45partsdepot to bring in a couple 6 volt units for me to try. You may want to contact him and ask about one for yourself ... Perry

Comment

Working...
    X