Saddle Restorations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saddle Restorations

I am seeking quality restoration of an Mesinger Calvary Saddle #4 and would appreciate any comments regarding the quality,etc. of the motorcycle saddle restorations of circa 1912 saddles from the "Saddleshop" in Florida? Examples of personal experiences would be helpful.

Give this guy a call. His work is top shelf and he is a fellow member here.

http://www.worshamcastle.com/
    ------------
    Steve
    AMCA #7300

Comment

I talked to Michael Paquette at WorshamCastle last week and he noted that he does not do the Mesinger Calvary saddle #4 with the Mesinger stamp. He only does the one with the Indian stamp. Thanks.

Comment

Chuck at the Saddleshop--386-690-3797--IMHPO there is no where else to go--Michael--WCCL

Comment

try.
          www.xianleather.com
          its expensive, but tyhe best ive ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by shane View Post
            try.
            www.xianleather.com
            its expensive, but tyhe best ive ever seen.
            Ok for a chopper or bobber I suppose, but not antiques, at least in the 11 pages of galleries that I viewed.

Comment

Hey Talbot2 - where did you end up for your saddle resto?
              Ray
              AMCA #7140

Comment

Still looking.

I haven't as of today. I'm still seeking references and recommendations for the various saddle restoration vendors. This forum seems to the next best option to a antique motorcycle "consumer reports". I have found that not everyone does restoration of the early cycle saddles. And of those that do, not everyone does Mesinger saddles. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

Sorry I can't help with yours. Just shipped my 65 FLH buddy seat out to Chuck and Jo at The Saddleshop for restoration. Based on comments here, after talking to them, and looking at material samples, etc. Mines a newer seat than yours but had similar challenges. Not many folks around are doing resto on vinyl seats that look right. These guys seem to have the right material/color/beading. Luckily my seat pan is in good shape so keeping that original paint. Might have them highlight the factory date stamping as it's a little light.

I had been talking with Heather's Leather's based on a seat they had done on a '65 I saw at Oley this year. Communications broke down, never got samples, etc. So finally gave up. They said they had the heavy vinyl "harley white" material I was looking for though.

Anyway none of that helps you, but was curious who you ended up with is all.
                  Last edited by rbenash; 01-29-2010, 05:50 AM.
                  Ray
                  AMCA #7140

Comment

A very positive consumer report.

Late yesterday, I contacted a person who I consider to be a reputable reference for early motorcycles. He has had work done by the "The Saddleshop" and is extremely pleased with their restoration work on early leather motorcycle saddles. Based on his satisfaction and their comments to me about their product, that's where I'm going to go.

Comment

"The Saddleshop" in Florida restored my two 1912 Mesinger Calvary #4 saddles. The saddles have been returned to their previous position on my 1912 H-D with an original H-D tandem seat. I highly recommend "The Saddleshop" as they did an excellent job. Contact "Chuck" or "Jo".

Comment

They did my 65 Pan Resto vinyl seat too. The best. Be aware that the do HD Vinyl Pan/Shovel seats to perfection. They have the right vinyl color and replicate the push/feel/density and do the skirt right as well. If you are looking for late Pan or Shovel seats done right give them a call. The AMCA rag advert doesn't really speak to what they can do.
                        Ray
                        AMCA #7140

Comment

The Saddle Shop

I had my Messinger 3 done by Chcuk and Jo and am extremely pleased with it. Nice color, stitching, clean holes, and a distinctive stamp.
                          Dan Margolien
                          Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
                          Www.yankeechapter.org
                          Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

Anyone have a link to the Saddle Shop in Florida or a phone number?

Thanks.

Comment

phone # 386 690 3797

Comment

Working...
                              X