Help ID These Old Harley Engine Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ID These Old Harley Engine Parts

I need some help figuring out just what is mounted on my old Harley engine I just purchased. As best I understand, the engine is mostly 1914 Harley twin. But someone told me he thinks one of the cylinder/heads is 1913. Also Indian manifold. What else?

Please click here to see lots of detailed photos on the Classic American Iron Magazine blog.

I need to get this all figured and sorted out before the Motorcycle Cannonball Run.

Thanks.
    Buzz Kanter
    Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
    [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
    [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

cant help identify parts buzz,but just want to complement you on a very fine looking machine,and look forward to seeing more of it..

Comment

Originally posted by gary.h View Post
      cant help identify parts buzz,but just want to complement you on a very fine looking machine,and look forward to seeing more of it..

Thanks. I bought the old Harley as she sits, so can't take any credit for it yet. So far we figured it has a 1914 bottom end, a 1914 cylinder/head and a 1913 ones, an Indian intake manifold, and newer Harley Linkert carb. Newer wheels and 1919 tin.

I have lots of plans for her before the cross country ride on the Motorcycle Cannonball in September. All help appreciated.
      Buzz Kanter

Comment

I heard that the previous owner had tried to sell it for quite a while. A friend suggested that he paint it red and that would attract a sure fire buyer.
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
          I heard that the previous owner had tried to sell it for quite a while. A friend suggested that he paint it red and that would attract a sure fire buyer.
          Guess it worked.
          Buzz Kanter

Comment

should be super fast with that indian intake on it
            1946 chief 1948 chief 1948 wl 1950wl 1941ulwith sidecar 47 chief(in the works)65bsa

Comment

Working...
            X