X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• submitted for your approval

Finally finished. This is a 1968 T100C. AKA Trophy 500
    Attached Files

I sincerely approve! Fine looking job on that one.
    Robbie
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

looks great reminds me of a time a long time ago
      Moose
      aka Glenn

Comment

Beautiful bike. . . Nice man-cave too.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Wow.... Thats gorgeous. Is that the same bike you started building just last year? Man, you sure are setting the bar pretty high for the rest of us. Very nice work indeed. -Steve
          ------------
          Steve
          AMCA #7300

Comment

Beautiful job, love them tea-sippers!
            Pete Cole AMCA #14441
            1947 Indian Chief

Comment

Thanks to all. I appreciate everyone humoring me with my blatant attempt to get praise from my peers.
              Yes Steve ,this is the same bike ,

Comment

You did a good job man! There's nothin' wrong with showing off a finished project!
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

I would get rid of that thing if I were you... straight into my garage!

Comment

'68 T100c

The color is right for a TR6R, wrong for a T100C, which should have a green tank, with a silver stripe down the middle. Also, the gas line is wrong. It should be clear, not "webbed."
                    Sorry for the downer comments, but I rode them when they were new.

Comment

Rousseau, great looking bike!

Britlove, why does everyone in this club have to impose their "factory perfect" will on others?
                      maybe he likes it blue.......I don't recall him saying it was being judged.

Comment

Originally posted by Britluv View Post
                        The color is right for a TR6R, wrong for a T100C, which should have a green tank, with a silver stripe down the middle. Also, the gas line is wrong. It should be clear, not "webbed."
                        Actually, the '69 T100C had the Lincoln Green tank and silver stripe down the centre; the '68 T100C had the Aquamarine upper tank colour with the Alaskan white lower colour. The pattern of the two colours on the T100C models differs from the T100T and the bigger Triumphs and whoever painted the tank on the 1968 bike in question got it as good as it gets.

A very nice job all 'round I would say. I have owned a '67 T100C for 30 years and have some experience with the various ways in which the T100C came, Eastern US, Western US and Canadian specs.

AFJ

Comment

Originally posted by Britluv View Post
                          The truth is this color is not right for any model. It's a modern blue candy with a silver base that I picked from a chart. It's closest to the 1965 T120 Bonneville. You are right, the correct tank should be green with a silver stripe, which I thought was "butt" ugly. Along with the gas lines it also has some extra chrome which is "incorrect. The passenger peg brackets, front fender stays, and skid plate should be black.

here are pics of a correct NOS tank
                          Attached Files

Comment

Submitted for your approval

Hi Rousseau, et al.,
                            Sorry for replying to such an old post, but I'm a newbie, so please bear with me and don't beat me up too bad. Also, I couldn't resist...

First thing - beautiful T100C! "High Pipes" rule!! I have a restored a '68 TR6C (completed about 14 years ago). It has a bit of artistic license as well and seems to be very similar to yours. Attached pictures are from a couple of years ago.

Regarding the tank color, yours (and mine) are the same design/color as a '68 TR6R - which IMHO is one of the better paint schemes Triumph offered. I must have done the same as you when picking the color. The original blue/silver from Triumph was nice, but sort of dull. Mine has polished aluminum motor mounts, rear foot peg mounts and brackets for the high pipes, a '67 tail light, a '69 front brake and a tach as well as speedo. The motor is pretty heavily modified as well.

I always get one of two comments; "wow that's a beauty" or "well this or that isn't right". I thank people for the first comment and ignore the other comment. It was not built with intentions of being 99 point show bike - that's what my '68 Bonneville is.

Hope you are enjoying riding it.

396468_133842276731658_1892127674_n.jpg400367_133840183398534_394122593_n.jpgODELL(#27514)_1968_Triumph_Bonneville-Right.jpg
                            Dennis O'Dell
                            Nürnberg Germany
                            AMCA # 20841

Comment

Sorry to bust your bubble, but the tank should be Shelbourne Green with Silver Stripes down the middle. The fuel lines should be Clear & not webbed. I have one ? is it an east coast bike or a West coast bike as it makes a difference in the seat & fenders. Looks like the color you choose was Pacific Blue ? Sorry but wrong paint color is a 6 point deduction right away. Anyway looks great, should have done MORE research.
                              Cass
                              Senior Field Judge Triumph

Comment

Working...
                              X