1911 hd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 hd

why dhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1911-Harley-Davidson-F-Head-Antique-Motor_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem439c62048bQQitemZ 290386478219QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories oees 3 years make such a price dirrerance this motor sold for $5,800
    rob ronky #10507
    www.diamondhorsevalley.com

wow that didn't work. why does 3 years make such a differance in price a 1911 hd just sold for $5,800 on ebay
    rob ronky #10507

Comment

His link is here
      Jeff Bowles
      Arkansas
      Membership # 14023
      1957 Sportster

Comment

Originally posted by rwm View Post
        wow that didn't work. why does 3 years make such a differance in price a 1911 hd just sold for $5,800 on ebay
        ROB I'M GUESSING YOU'RE REFERRING TO THE $65000 '08 MOTOR----THE ANSWER IS PROBABLY BECAUSE THEY MADE A LOT MORE '11'S AND A LOT MORE SURVIVED. ALSO THERE ARE DEFINITELY A LOT MORE '11'S RESTORED THAN '08'S RESTORED NOW

Comment

i have a book that states 1908 450 made and 1911 5,625 .just seems like a good price if someone wanted to get into the pre teens.
          rob ronky #10507

Comment

That '11 motor looks to be in better shape than the '08. I agree with flathappy on his theory. Another variable is e-bay. That '08 motor may not have sold for as much on the private market. When you get bidders with deep pockets lusting for the same item the closing price can be astronomical! Like it or hate it that's just the way it is....
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

i have a book that states 1908 450 made and 1911 5,625 .just seems like a good price if someone wanted to get into the pre teens.
              I watched that '11 on ebay. It would have been nice to hit that bid button........
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

Rare! Although the 1911 is a fairly rare bike, not even close to 1908. I have probably owned six 1911 motors over the years and still have three. Wish it were three stap-tank motors!

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
                  That '08 motor may not have sold for as much on the private market. When you get bidders with deep pockets lusting for the same item the closing price can be astronomical! ....
                  I disagree 100%. There are some guys in the club that have bottomless pockets that don't do computers, ever! In fact, I know of two guys that would have paid that and more at a swap meet, but they are few and far between.

Comment

I did say "may" not have sold for as much.... I know there are big players that refuse to jump on the internet bandwagon. They likely don't need it. When your talking cash like that it's still mind boggling to this fella.........
                    Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

i know a few club members who are shocked by the computer thing.i print alot of this forum out for them.only to hear there reply after reading everything."i need to have some one hook that thing up fo me" i belive the 1908 may have gone for more if it spent a season going from meet to meet .you can set your auction up to end at 3pm friday during davenport.
                      rob ronky #10507

Comment

Working...
                      X