• Show
Clear All

• Competition Distributing?

problem solved,thanks
    Last edited by milw.pirates; 12-30-2009, 05:07 PM. Reason: problem solved
    Ken S., # 6457
    1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
    1954-H-D Panhead

I'm guessing it's a holiday thing. I'm sure they'll get back to you.
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by milw.pirates View Post
      Any body know whats up with Compitition Distributing? placed an order with them last Sat.,got computor generated order confirmation,that states they will contact me in 24-48 hrs., tried calling them several times to pay for item,got same voice mail. it's now 4 days later and no responce. Did they close?
      My parents live very close to Sturgis, which got dumped on with more than 2' of snow on Christmas eve, and more the two days after. Complicate that with 40 mph winds and the drifts were close to 10'. My guess is that they are still shovelling out. They also may close it down between Christmas and New Years to head south to thaw a little. I know they are not going out of business!!!

Comment

I think MidWestern weather is a little new to them as well.

I forgive them for much worse things.

....Cotten
        AMCA #776
        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

I stand corrected on the snow. It was 4 feet, not 2. Drifts to 8'.

Comment

Word is that Competition is no longer selling frame parts for panheads. No more stock, no more nothing. Any idea where they used to get the parts, and who's making them? I think I heard that they were made in Texas, and all the stamps, dies, machinery and all is for sale for 100 grand. Apparantly the man making the parts passed away? Does anyone have any insight on this?

Comment

Tom, I don't know who was making the stuff but it was top notch.
              Be sure to visit;
              http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
              Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
              Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                Tom, I don't know who was making the stuff but it was top notch.
                Yes it was, I used a lot of thier parts. I'm hoping someone will know if anyone will be picking up where C.D. left off. Dick at Wasco Frame is beside himself because that source for excellent frame replacement parts has dissapeared; he called me to see if I knew anything about it, so I am asking here.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster View Post
                  Word is that Competition is no longer selling frame parts for panheads. No more stock, no more nothing. Any idea where they used to get the parts, and who's making them? I think I heard that they were made in Texas, and all the stamps, dies, machinery and all is for sale for 100 grand. Apparantly the man making the parts passed away? Does anyone have any insight on this?
                  here's another source for big twin frame parts www.raceframe.com.au there listed in the amca mag I've never used there stuff but it look like they make everything for the big twin

Comment

I think it may have been John and Jim Chadwell of Whichita Falls, TX that was making the frame stuff
                    Be sure to visit;
                    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Word is that Competition is no longer selling frame parts for panheads. No more stock, no more nothing.
                      I heard directly from Lonnie that they are in fact going to be making more frame parts. The main guy that was doing it is a lifelong friend of Lonnie's and needed a break to address some health issues, but they will be up and running soon.

Comment

Competition Distributing

Dear Milwaukee Pirate;

Glad you got your situation cleared up with Lonnie, John and staff at Competition. Having grown up in Pearland Texas and moved to Sturgis some years ago, they now lose a few days or a week or two because of harsh winter weather in the Dakota's. Never had blizzards south of Houston. In the age of the internet we sometimes need to slow down when we play with our vintage bikes. Hard to wait on parts when we are ready to get the project closer to done....but many of our sources are small operations.

I have never ever had a problem with Lonnie or his staff on communication, parts, shipping etc.... Always good service. They are a small family company and not always able to operate like big manufacturers and distribution centers can.

When you ever get out in his area, I reccommend you stop in and see them. Good people.

Steve Klein
                        AMCA Member 12176
                        Cherokee Chapter
                        Georgetown, TX
                        Steve@SteveKlein.Com
                        Steve Klein
                        Collector . Conservator . Enthusiast
                        American Pre-teens - 1965
                        AMCA Member 12176
                        Cherokee Chapter President, Editor
                        www.CherokeeAMCA.org
                        Steve@SteveKlein.com
                        Georgetown, TX USA

Comment

Thanks for the heads up!

Originally posted by stevekleincustom View Post
                          Dear Milwaukee Pirate;

Glad you got your situation cleared up with Lonnie, John and staff at Competition. Having grown up in Pearland Texas and moved to Sturgis some years ago, they now lose a few days or a week or two because of harsh winter weather in the Dakota's. Never had blizzards south of Houston. In the age of the internet we sometimes need to slow down when we play with our vintage bikes. Hard to wait on parts when we are ready to get the project closer to done....but many of our sources are small operations.

I have never ever had a problem with Lonnie or his staff on communication, parts, shipping etc.... Always good service. They are a small family company and not always able to operate like big manufacturers and distribution centers can.

When you ever get out in his area, I reccommend you stop in and see them. Good people.

Steve Klein
                          AMCA Member 12176
                          Cherokee Chapter
                          Georgetown, TX
                          Steve@SteveKlein.Com
                          Steve,
                          Thanks for the heads up,since I started this post,I have bought several parts from Lonnie again,whats funny I've Been to both towns several times,Pearland ,TX and Sturgis,SD.
                          Ken
                          Ken S., # 6457
                          1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
                          1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

Working...
                          X