Camelback Tank Measurements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camelback Tank Measurements

Louie the McMan has inspired me with his Pierce replica. I've got an early bicycle that I'd like to convert to a camelback style bike. I was wondering if anyone out there has a tank handy to take a few measurements so that I can get as accurate as possible on my fabrication. Thanks for any input!!!
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

What specific tank measurements are interested in? I have a 1908 Indian Camelback, single, battery ignition, in original condition.

Comment

Les, I didn't think I'd get a response this fast and to be honest didn't really think out the measurement idea. I'll study some pictures and try and get something sensible figured out. Thank-you for the reply.
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Go Cory Go!
        Louie
        FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
        Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
        YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Louie! I'm still stretching and warming up! I've got ideas floating around in my noggin' but I haven't actually started anything yet. I'm still thinking on a powerplant but I got the roller built in my mind.........
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Sounds great. If you are like me you will be modifying it as you go. I'm sure a lot of people are not going to like what I'm going to say next but it true... I think anyone can bolt together just about any kind of motorcycle but to build one from scratch is something else. The engineering involved to build a frame, drivetrain, and gearing is above most people not to mention suspension, functional throttle and brake controls, or tanks that don't leak. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a machinist or a great welder (I am a good grinder!) and I realize the things I build are just toys that are not even finished in great detail. But like on my antique bikes, every thing will be functional. So I encourage everyone to scrape up what ever you got laying around the garage and put something together even if it's just something to ride around at the meets or around your neighborhood, it will give you a good idea of how early bikes were created 100 years ago.
            Louie
            YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

I agree. I spent more than one sleepless night on the design and frame layout for my 36 Anvil. Then there was the 1000 plus hours in building. More than once my wife said I had lost my mind.

Comment

Hey Chris , you got any pictures?
                Louie
                YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

I do but still cant get this thing figured out to post them. I can e mail them to you if you want. You can see some of the construction shots on my web site. www.bordermetalmfg.com. The site is still a work in progress. Come to think of it, I think so is life

Comment

Ok so now what do I do???? I set up a photobucket thing. Now how do I get them on here?

Comment

ask chris haynes he proclaims to be the revealer of knowledge

aka HAWG
                      Last edited by aka HAWG; 01-06-2010, 11:36 AM. Reason: cause I can and did
                      1914 EXCELSIOR BELT DRIVE SINGLE
                      1914 excelsior belt drive single carcuss
                      1940 indian chief military
                      1965 sportster xlch
                      1969 sportster xlch bobber
                      1971 bsa A65 chopper
                      1969 harley ss350 sprint
                      1960 harley topper
                      1963 harley topper
                      H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
                      H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle
                      1949 harley model 125 bobber project
                      1959 harley model 165
                      1960 harley super 10
                      1974 indian 70cc dirt bike
                      EXCELSIOR - ALWAYS MAKES GOOD

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Border MFG View Post
                        Ok so now what do I do???? I set up a photobucket thing. Now how do I get them on here?
                        Chris! Just move your mouse cursor over the picture you want to post. It will highlight a drop down menu. Right click on the IMG at the bottom. Click copy and head back to the forum and paste it.
                        Cory Othen
                        Membership#10953

Comment

Photobucket
                          Did it work?

Comment

This is the frame when I finished fabrication.

Comment

Nice work Chris. I do all of my own frame work as well and it can be tough. You did a great job on that frame.
                              Eric Smith
                              AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
                              X