K model/Sportster Frame For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K model/Sportster Frame For Sale

Hi guys I have what I believe is a K model Frame for sale. Based on research all arrows point to this as a K Model Frame. I will have to double check the Letter/Number on the rear gas tank mount for the year designation. The frame needs some work. It is pretty solid, the top back bone has some pit marks from rust here and there but overall still very strong. The swingarm is stuck attached to the frame. I have tried hitting it out with a drive pin and hammer but have had no success. I am sure it will come out but you probably need to put heat on it with a torch and just spend some time and it will free up. Lastly the left downtube along the bottom just underneath where the motor sits is slightly crushed in a spot. This wouldn't affect riding but If it were me I would of course repair it If I was doing a restoration. So this frame is not perfect. When I bought this frame I didn't know about any of these problems, the guy did not mention any of it and I bought this on E-Bay. I want to let everyone know up front that there is work to be done on this frame, however if it is the date code you need its priceless for your restoration. I'm not looking to retire off of this sale, I understand there is work to be done with this. I actually have a front section of another frame I will throw in with this frame, you could cut and use the down tube off that section to replace and repair this frame.
    Anyway send me your offers, but please be reasonable. I originally bought this to piece together and build a K model, I have gotten distracted with other things like work so right now and the near future I'm not going to do the build. But I'm not going to let it go for $100.00 for that matter I'll store it and maybe build it someday. Thanks guys, I'll look and post that code when I get a chance, I know thats very important.
    New York City
    1957 Sportster
    AMCA Member# 9766

It's easy to tell a K model frame by the engine steady (top motor mount). On the Sporty frames it's a three-sided box; on the Ks it does not have the third side.

Comment

Can you post a photo, sure does help. The k frame I am dealing with is junk so I am looking for one.
      1959 XLCH

Comment

I'll post a photo as soon as I can
        New York City
        1957 Sportster
        AMCA Member# 9766

Comment

Working...
        X