Rubber Fork Gaitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubber Fork Gaitors

Where the rubber fork gaitors used exclusively on the exported T140V 's? Can anyone confirm that they where uncommon for the European – spec built machines?
    -Steve
    ------------
    Steve
    AMCA #7300

Gaitors

According to David Gaylin's Book only the UK & Canadian bikes had Rubber Gaiters.
    Cass

Comment

Thanks Cass, that’s good enough for me. I came across this article by the Auto Editors of Consumer Guide and it is what got me started scratching my head.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1976-t...bonneville.htm

Anything else wrong in that article? To bad about those fork gaitors, I think they look pretty sharp.
      ------------
      Steve
      AMCA #7300

Comment

76 Bonnie

Just checking the book & I found that in early spring of 76 a small quantity (120) of British Style Bonnies with 4 1/2 Gal Euro style tanks, low cafe stylehandlebars & rubber fork gaiters were shipped to the US as a marketing experiment. US models wereCherokee & White while UK models were Pacific Blue & white . I know this is confusing but maybe you have to go by the VIN # to be sure.
        Cass
        Sorry took so long to answer you but was layed up for awhile afte a fall.

Comment

Hope your feeling better Cass. Isn’t it strange how much more the falls hurt than they did when we where younger?

That’s an interesting fact about those few British Style Bonnies shipped here in 76. I wonder how well they where accepted back then when a more stream line styling was in demand. Where those 4 ½ gallon tanks, the one’s we now call bread boxes?
          ------------
          Steve
          AMCA #7300

Comment

Bread Box Tanks

The Bread Box tank did not appeare till 1969 with the interduction of the Trident. I know that as we bought one brand new in 69, never liked the Flash Gorder Mufflers either.
            Cass

Comment

Don't kid yourselves lads, fork gaiters were used on many European models and are a lot more common than one would think.
              Bill

Comment

Working...
              X