sportster saddle bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sportster saddle bar

when i got my 1962xlh home i notice the frame was not the same as my k frame where the seat bolts down did h-d ever make a saddle bar to fit the xlh frame i would like to mount a solo seat to this bike mark amca#8993 52k 62xlh 05flhr

Solo seats were available for all K and Sportster models from '52 through the '60s. There are basically two seat T-bars, The early T shaped one and the '54 and later Y shaped one. The Y shaped one should fit your bike. Just look in the parts book.
    Robbie
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

hey rub the bracket on the xlh frame is 1.5 inchs the seat bar i have is the y type it is 1.75 inchs my question was did h-d make one for the narrow xlh bracket
      amca#8993
      62xlh
      05flhr

Comment

Mark,
        There is only one seat mounting T bar for ALL models from '54 to '66. All the seat and tank mount brackets are the same on all frames. Look at yours closely to see if it has been modified or repaired. Many were cut off in the chopper days and it may be repaired incorrectly. All the mounting pieces are the same for K-Model, XL, XLH, and XLCH. No variations other than the '52-'53 T bar and seat. Do you have good pictures of both of yours?
        Robbie
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post
          when i got my 1962xlh home i notice the frame was not the same as my k frame where the seat bolts down did h-d ever make a saddle bar to fit the xlh frame i would like to mount a solo seat to this bike mark amca#8993 52k 62xlh 05flhr
          Mark are you talking about part ##52116-61 rear braket? Bob L
          AMCA #3149
          http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

hey rub you must be right i looked over my frame again and it does look to be modified thanks for setting me strait on that one . ok now i got another question i notice in the v-twin catolog they have seat mount tabs for the 52-79 xl . has anyone used these. are they anywhere close to ome. ______________ mark amca #8993

Comment

Working...
            X