eBay 1943 Knuckle cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay 1943 Knuckle cases

How does he explain a 1943 line bore number on a right case that was cast in May 1945? I also don't believe that a left case cast in April 1942 would have a 1943 number on it.
    HARLEY DAVIDSON 1943 MOTOR CASES:eBay Motors (item 250520541097 end time Oct-31-09 16:26:59 PDT)
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Yes, I agree.

Comment

And the VIN stamping is awfully pristine looking for a set of cases that old.
      Ride 'em. Don't hide 'em.
      Dan #6938 FUBO

Comment

Hi, I think 1943 and up, had the open top 4 in the vin.
        jwl, knows for sure, he has one. Lee

Comment

that seller is mark wall in tampa

Comment

Interesting Numbers?

I943 belly numbers on a case cast in 1945 proves with out a doubt that somebody has a set of number stamps.

I have seen a set of 43 cases with the d-2 cast mark on them before, and don’t have a problem with this,1942 knucklehead production was curtailed by the war, its logical that they would have used up existing left over stock for a limited run of 1943 bikes.

The1943 I have seen had the closed top 4 and it’s possible that the change to open top 4 took place some time during 1943.rather that exactly at the start of year.

The top serif on the number1 should be horizontal / parallel and come to an abrupt stop. The number 1 used on this case is tapered down from the top

The 3 looks odd but that could be down to angle/light of the picture.

No signs of any alterations to the number boss?

Sets of number stamps have been available on ebay for some time now. This year there was a vender openly selling them at Davenport, The easy availability of number stamps will inevitably lead to more rare bikes turning up.

Pete Reeves 860

Comment

Working...
            X