Saddlebag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saddlebag

Does anyone know what this fits? It'small, and there's only one.
    Attached Files

By the wear marks, I'd venture to guess it was mounted on the front of the risers of a HydraGlide, between the handlebars and the headlight.

Comment

While it may have been mounted to a bike it kinda looks like the "beauty bag" that H-D sold. Basically a ladies purse fashioned after a saddlebag. There is one pictured in my 52 P&A catalog, but it is styled after the bags of that period, this one appears older. The one in my catalog shows metal rings where the shoulder strap attaches.
      Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Come on guys, that bag isn't even made by Harley-Davidson. The logo is circa mid 60s style and no such bag exists in any factory listings. The rings point to an old shoulder strap which in itself points to aftermarket womens purse adapted as a tool bag or such. Tons of that sort of stuff was made prior to H-D clamping down on trademark infringement. I place it at late '70s to mid '80s manufacture. Look at the crude rivet construction, something never done by Milsco, guaranteed!
        Bigincher is right on with his assessment.
        Robbie
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rub View Post
          no such bag exists in any factory listings. Robbie
          While you may be correct on the time period and manufacturer, the factory did indeed make and market such items. This page is from my 52 P&A catalog. While this is not that particular bag, it is the same type of bag.

Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Brian,
            You missed my point. H-D never made a POS like the bag pictured, in any time period. All the beauty bags and windshield bags were made by Milsco, the same guys who made all the leather saddlebags, kidney belts and seats for H-D. And they were all made to match the production saddlebag styles or at least go with the styling (like the 60s white stuff). And all the accessory bags were very high quality like the rest of the H-D leather goods.
            The bag pictured has nothing to do with H-D other than a pirated logo and was not made for or marketed by H-D. Just look in the back of some 70s "Easyriders" for like items.
            Robbie
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Tim- I have a bag that is similar and it has the HD Logo like yours. Mine also has the REVEREND KAISER's logo stamped on the bottom. You should remember him from years ago. John P.

Comment

Working...
              X