70 Electra Glide Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70 Electra Glide Exhaust

anyone know what pipes I need to add a kicker to this bike and keep the dual exhausts? thanks

I don't believe the factory ever offered any kick start cone dresser systems. It is possible Paughco or someone may offer something, though. If you are willing to ditch the duals, your options increase.
    VPH-D

Comment

Dresser pipes

I have a set of Paughco pipes that clear the kick start on my '75. Haven't been able to find a heat shield for the rear head pipe though.

Comment

I did this to a 75 flh for a friend of mine several years ago, I believe the pipes were pauchgo. You will neatly have to cut the stock heat shields for the front header and buy one for a late generator shovel for the rear. I prefer buying aftermarket heat shields to molest as opposed to desicrating the originals. Keep the stock exhaust intact incase your mind changes later.
        1959 XLCH

Comment

My '72 FLH had a kicker on it when I bought it. It just had two exhaust pipes with a squish pipe to clear the kicker. It is a two into one system.
          Mike

Comment

Originally posted by portagepan View Post
            My '72 FLH had a kicker on it when I bought it. It just had two exhaust pipes with a squish pipe to clear the kicker. It is a two into one system.
            Mike
            My '72 Stupid-Glide was also kicker. No electric start on it.
            Be sure to visit;
            http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
            Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
            Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

You can use the '69 and earlier header pipes if you don't mind the front pipe looking odd sitting out in front of ther engine where there is no cam cover.
              Robbie
              Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

paucho makes a set of over-under pipes[front pipe under kicker and rear goes over]. also theres true duels[front straight back and rear turns left and comes out above silinoid,running back] hope that helps
                hawg farmer

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                  My '72 Stupid-Glide was also kicker. No electric start on it.
                  Superglide pipes are completely different than FL pipes. the FX pipes will not clear the big battery for the electric leg.
                  Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

oop's i thought it was for 1970 flh adding kicker; did make me think so i went out to the e-glide shed, i have a set brand new,now thats the over-unders,there made to clear for flh, my 1972 flh came stock with electric/kick so is my 73 and my 74, my 66 came with starter/kicker, i probly read wrong ,hey you guys have a good day, think stock exhaust;
                    hawg farmer

Comment

Originally posted by pat triplett View Post
                      oop's i thought it was for 1970 flh adding kicker; did make me think so i went out to the e-glide shed, i have a set brand new,now thats the over-unders,there made to clear for flh, my 1972 flh came stock with electric/kick so is my 73 and my 74, my 66 came with starter/kicker, i probly read wrong ,hey you guys have a good day, think stock exhaust;
                      you've got a shed for just e-glides? where can i get one of those! it is a 70 i want to put a kicker on. couldn't i just use a later stock exhaust like your 72-4? the swap meets around the corner here in denver so i'm hopeing to find one that'll work.

Comment

ride on,hope you find something, should have kicker already? could be swaped out with later model . if you cant find any,true duelles will fit,i can make a call and one of my friends just put a set of duelles on his,think his is 71.now on my 72 glide parts fit 68 to 72 on most parts if that helps,keep us posted and happy hollidays.
                        hawg farmer

Comment

Working...
                        X