Sportster Oil Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportster Oil Lines

Hey guys, here to pick your brains again. My Sportster motor is 99.99% done being rebuilt. Last thing to install are the oil lines that run from the right half of the crank case up to the rocker boxes. My question is what came on Sportster when they were original. I have checked and aftermarket are all chrome, they are not offered in CAD but I am not sure thats what they were, or if they were just plain silver? I know they used the solid lines and not the common steel braided that everyone put on, my question is were they chrome, silver, or CAD? Or Something else. Its a minor detail but I want to be as accurate as I can be putting this motorcycle together. Thanks for all your help, without this forum and guys like you I would be lost putting something together thats twice my age.
    New York City
    1957 Sportster
    AMCA Member# 9766

Factory was Cad.
    Robbie
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Doesn't sound minor to me. They were definitely cad.

Comment

Clete (Old Dude) has them in cad.
        Bill Pedalino
        Huntington, New York
        AMCA 6755

Comment

I can say for sure cad as well.
          1959 XLCH

Comment

Yes, they were CAD. Both Old Dude and NOS parts carries excellent re-pops.

Comment

Originally posted by moon wolf View Post
              Yes, they were CAD. Both Old Dude and NOS parts carries excellent re-pops.
              Is there an address for Old Dude and NOS parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowercrout View Post
                Is there an address for Old Dude and NOS parts.
                http://www.olddude.com/
                You have to email them for availability and prices. He has alot more stuff then he lists. I just got some cad oil lines and fittings from him. Nice to deal with, responds quickly unless there is a AMCA meet going on, in which case they are traveling.

http://nosparts.com/
                They have a 50$ minimum order. Some stuff shows up not the right finish or markings, as the NOS parts could have been made by Harley in the 70's and be zinc plated. Still, a good resource and nice to deal with.

Comment

Working...
                X