Stolen Indians Southeastern Ny State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen Indians Southeastern Ny State

My friends 2 indians were stolen from his barn in Middletown N.Y. the evening of August 27th 2009 while he was home. This was a targeted theft and well organized. One was a 1948 Chief engine #cdh3146 frame # 3481523, blue in color, painstakingly restored by the owner 20plus years ago, no re-pop. 2nd was a 1953 chief red in color, engine #CS6753. frame number not known but is assumed to be matching according to information provided. Again restored by the owner many years ago. These bikes were not ridden very much at all, and haven't been ridden on the street in at least 3 yrs. Consensus of opinion is that these bikes are destined for overseas, so I and my friend appeal not only to U.S members but also our foreign members to look out for these bikes and maybe alert the local authorities to the serial numbers. CONTACT: INVESTIGATOR JAN GOLDEN, N.Y. STATE POLICE 845-344-5352 D.A. Bagin #3166
    D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Sorry to hear about your buddy getting ripped off. I really hate to hear that this thieving crap still goes on. I'd keep my eyes out on e-bay too..... Everybody who reads this should write down the serial #'s and pay attention.
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

hearing stuff like this just makes me sick!!sorry for your friends loss i hope they turn up and the thieves shot! a man works pretty damn hard to find bikes like that and then the hours of care and maitnence and the relationship one has with them...them maggot thieves not only stole bikes they took your friends soul away with em..once again sorry to hear about it,and wishing all the best.

Comment

Damn Dirtbags !!!!!!

Comment

Hate to hear it and sorry for you pal.

Sure hope they get caught and get everything they deserve.
          Buzz Kanter
          Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
          [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
          [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

Can we still hang horse thieves?
            Mike

Comment

These bikes have not yet surfaced. I ask our foreign members to be on the lookout as it is believed these are going overseas and should be arriving soon.
              D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Just curious as to why the authorities think they are likely to go overseas? (easier to fence is probably the likely reason). Also are these bikes likely to be traded as complete bikes or in pieces?

My heart goes out to your buddy.

Joe

Comment

So sorry to hear of your friends loss! I second the hanging of horse thieves! Will note the serial numbers and spread the word! Best of luck with their recovery!
                  William
                  William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
                  http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

Comment

Some of the reasons it is believed these are headed overseas are it will be extremely difficult to unload these in parts or together in this area. as we all know the antique motorcycle group is a small percentage of motorcycle riders and alot of us know each other. This was a targeted theft, not, Oh, gee, theres an indian, lets go steal it. Whoever took these bikes knew what they were, stole them while they were home, and it took a minimum of four people to take them from where they were. Six cities with international shipping docks are 60 min away. They will command a much greater profit overseas. These people are in it for the money, not the bikes.

Comment

I don’t know why people immediately assume that a stolen antique bike is likely to end up abroad?

If these scum bags send a stolen bike to another country they will have to run the risk of being caught by the U.S. customs when it leaves your country, and then it will have to pass through the customs again when it arrives at the country it is sent too,
                      It will then have to be registered to a new owner in that country.

Some bikes will end up abroad, but I suspect that most bikes stolen in the U.S. probably stay there. After all you have the largest market; the parts required too change the machines identity like cases are readily available as are the number stamps. (Available at Davenport this year) It also seems fairly easy to register a bike with no history by using a titling service like that from Alabama.
                      Most bikes are likely to be striped for parts which are then sold at swap meets and Ebay.

Pete Reeves 860

Comment

Thieves have a new tool for shipping overseas now Pete. It is called free ride in an 18 wheeler into Mexico. They just load the bikes into the fruit and vegetable frieght boxes for the return trip south of the boarder. From Mexico....they board ship. Paps

Comment

Tons of motorcycle parts enter and leave this country daily. The crooks know that customs will give a complete bike a good looking over but bike parts rarely get looked at, so the crooks disassemble the stolen bikes into pieces and ship them oversees where their buddies then reassemble them and they are never seen again. Where there is a will there is always a way.
                          ------------
                          Steve
                          AMCA #7300

Comment

There has been an arrest in this case. A suspect is being held on 20,000 bail. hopefully he is doing BUBBAS laundry right now. More to follow. D.A.B. #3166

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.Bagin View Post
                              There has been an arrest in this case. A suspect is being held on 20,000 bail. hopefully he is doing BUBBAS laundry right now. More to follow. D.A.B. #3166
                              kewl!!!!! that is very good news!!!
                              CHIEFJ48
                              MEMBER #2786

TO THE WORLD YOU MAY BE ONE PERSON, BUT TO ONE PERSON YOU MAY BE THE WORLD.

LIFE IS NOT MEASURED BY THE NUMBER OF BREATHS WE TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE OUR BREATH AWAY

Comment

Working...
                              X