Lane Plotner's '13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lane Plotner's '13

I found this clip with some interesting conversation....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0yWWUw2Hag
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

I wonder who borrowed the Cyclone and gave it back out of time. Hopefully that clip shamed him into making it right. I spoke with Lane on the phone once. He is a true gentleman and a national treasure in the old bike world.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

I've heard good things about Lane. Any man that will ride the hell out of a bike as rare as his Cyclone is a great fella in my books! I guess we now know there are at least two repops of his road bike out there. It's too bad the clip cut off when it did. I could have sat much longer and listened to the man.
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

My dad was having a magneto rewound by Lane when he still lived in Southern California, and he asked me if I wanted to come along when he went to pick it up. I'm so glad that I said sure. Athough, I had no idea how rare that Cyclone was at the time or even what I was looking at for that matter.
        Lane was very gracious with his time and conversation and when we left his place that day, I had an everlasting appreciation for the men and the history of these old machines.

Comment

whoever made that clip should have at least corrected the spelling of Lane's surname.

Comment

Working...
          X