Recommendations on Engine Builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations on Engine Builder

Hi y'all! New to the forum and have a 1932 VL which I am attempting to restore. I wanted to get recommendations for a class-act engine builder for my flathead. I am up in northern California, but I am willing to ship of course for the right builder. Preferably, someone's who's biggest fault is an OCD like attention to detail and obsessed with perfection.

Any recommendations would be great!

Thanks,
    Thomas

Hi Thomas,

No answer to your question but just dropping by to welcome you to the community!

I am also very new to it and is amazing the amount of know-how, the knindness and the readiness to share that you find in almost every member! You will certainly get shortly the advices you need!

(My youngest one is a 47 OHV and I leave in Japan! No chance to offer any good advice about Cal and VLs... Unfortunately!)

Kind regards.

Chris.

Comment

I recommend Jack Hester, but Jack is always tied up building other folks engines. He may not have time for another. Paps

Comment

Call Joe Helferety at Williams Motors in Quartz Hill, CA. All he does is carry out engine rebuilding. He has been doing mine since 1972.
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Motor refurbish

Thomas, Two Cal boy's come to mind. Both have done motors for me and many friends. NorCal is Dave Kafton. George Hood is Socal. They specialize in JD's, VL's, and Knuckleheads. Two of the best. Located in the AMCA roster.
          DrSprocket

Comment

Thanks for all of your input! I will take a look at some of your suggestions!

Anybody heard of Jim Trochet from Indian Alley in Vallejo?
            Thomas

Comment

Working...
            X