Exhaust question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust question

My '66 Bonneville really needs a complete exhaust system. They seem to be available from a number of sources at a fairly wide range of prices. What I'm fuzzy on what is the difference? Are there only a couple of manufacturers turning them out or are there numerous companies producing them? I just want it to look original, work well, sound good (have a voice, but not too loud) and hopefully not cost too much. I've seen a couple on eBay that looked pretty and the prices seemed reasonable. What sorts of experiances have folks been having with replacement exhaust systems on these bikes?

Hi dave

I have a couple of vintage triumphs (68 T100C and a 70 TR6.) Here is a link to a triumph forum. Post your exhaust question there . you'll get lots of help. really good people . Parts for the 650 bonnies (mid 60's) seem to be a little easier to find than most of the other models. Ebay seems to always have "new " pipes and/or mufflers on acution.

http://www.triumphrat.net/classic-vintage-and-veteran/

Comment

Thanx

I took a look at that forum. I probably should join. I did win an eBay auction and got some nice looking used mufflers that should be perfectly appropriate for what I m doing.

Comment

All things British

One of the best websites for Brits is "Britbike.com" - tons of help. As for your question regarding broken fins on a Bonnie head - pitch the head as they are fairly common and cheap - at least compared to my panheads. HTH Cooper
        Last edited by gcooperlll; 09-01-2009, 07:32 AM. Reason: sp

Comment

Working...
        X