1919 racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1919 racer

someone is going to get a great deal on ebay---i think this is billy lane selling
    # 250475067726

Here is the eBay link.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...7726&viewitem=
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

racer

Originally posted by flat-happy View Post
      someone is going to get a great deal on ebay---i think this is billy lane selling
      # 250475067726
      That is Billy Lane's bike,I usually see him at Davenport.
      Ken S., # 6457
      1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
      1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

With 4 days left in the auction, theres a lot can happen yet..........!

Comment

billy was at wauseon with a girl that would make a moped look great
          rob ronky #10507
          www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

OK, I'll bite and ask the stupid question. Who's Billy Lane?

Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Wieland View Post
              OK, I'll bite and ask the stupid question. Who's Billy Lane?

Jerry
              Boy, you don't read the newspaper much, do ya!

Comment

Okay, that wasn't fair.

Billy Lane is (was?) a custom motorcycle builer along the lines of Dave Perewitz, Paul Yaffe, Mitch Bergeron, Chica, and the Late Great Indian Larry, and others, who were featured on the Discovery Channel a few years back in the "Biker Buildoff" series.

On Sept 4, 2006, Billy Lane crossed over the a double-yellow center lane while driving his Dodge truck DRUNK and hit a man head-on riding a small Yamaha motorcycle, killing him dead.

Everyone has their opinions, and my opinion of Billy Lane--- although not solicited --- is that he's an aragant self-centered worthless peice of crap and a crappy builder. On one of the shows where he had a 'buildoff' against Indian Larry, he couldn't even figure out how to get the dang bike running, and Larry--- showing his class as a person--- helped him get it running. The theme of the show was for the two 'competirtors' to ride to the judging event together.

Since that time almost 3 years ago, you can imagine Billy Lane has fallen from favor. I see the latest is that he's trying for a plea deal to get his 15 year sentenced reduced to 9 years. Most people I know think he should serve all 15 and more. I don't really follow the case, but since you asked.......................

Comment

i think all of those shows are just that----shows. i mean who couldn't build a motorcycle with 4 million dollars worth of equipment???? DUH!!!! let's see what they can do with a sawzall a torch and a welder. they'd just burn themselves

Comment

I know Billy Lane and I know him to be a decent guy. He made a big mistake that many of us have probably also made with the exception that we got home without hurting anyone. I just want to say that I like the man and I think anyone would if they knew him.
                    Eric Smith
                    AMCA #886

Comment

It's always easier to judge a fella that's in the limelight. I don't know Billy personally but have talked with folks that do and have heard nothing but good about him. I'll echo Eric's comments here....... how many of us have done the same thing and were lucky enough to make it home without incident?
                      Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

well i haven't met him but i had to work on that peterbilt bike he built with the hubless back wheel and i called him about it and he wasn't one bit helpful with that. it had the smallest gma front caliper on the rear wheel and you couldn't stop that thing in 300ft. i had to redo the mounting bracket to make it work at all. of course it was really just a show bike but the guy that bought it from him was determined to ride it so i tried to make it work. it had a lot of good ideas on it but the engineering was not up to par. i think it was called the psycho billy cadillac. had a cool gas tank. scott nelson owned it when i worked on it

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
                          It's always easier to judge a fella that's in the limelight.
                          It is true, I admit, that my opinion is based purely on what I saw on the show, and I'm sure is not what the man is all about.

Oh yeah, most all of us have been in the situation he was in---- except even with the biggest buzz on, I never crossed a double-yellow line. If I was driving drunk, I always tried not to get caught, instead of being a blatant idiot.

Oh well, someone asked who Billy Lane is, that's all...........

Comment

Rooster, I didn't post that message to make you feel bad, but if it did I apologize. I personally can't stand Madonna but maybe in actual life she's the nicest person in the world. . . . . Naaah, I'll bet she's a jerk.
                            Eric Smith
                            AMCA #886

Comment

No biggie, Flat...! When it comes to opinions, well...... you know. Everyone has one.

Comment

Working...
                              X