Linkert DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linkert DC

Does anyone know where I can get a DC-1 Linkert refinished in zinc dichromate (gold irridite)? I have inquired at several metal refinishers in my area that plate with zinc, but they indicate they can't plate pot metal with this finish.

I think you can do it yourself with Caswell's copy cad and the proper wash.
    Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

If i my ask why do you want to have it plated (gold irridite) do you have a 57 sportster if so don't as far as i know it was not gold
      Jeff Bowles
      Arkansas
      Membership # 14023
      1957 Sportster

Comment

Hi Jeff,

I'm just learning that the DC linkert did, indeed, have a gold finish when new. According to my well versed friend, the throttle body had a silver heatproof coating and carb itself a gold irridite finish. The first time the carb was dipped in the cleaner, the finish came off.

Apparently, you can still find guys that can do the finish. Of course, if you ride the bike much, it probably won't last long.

Comment

Mutt Hallam in Texas has a source to do them. He does lots of Hummer restoration and rebuilds carbs with that finish. His contact info is on the Hummer Club site.
          Robbie
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by moon wolf View Post
            Hi Jeff,

I'm just learning that the DC linkert did, indeed, have a gold finish when new. According to my well versed friend, the throttle body had a silver heatproof coating and carb itself a gold irridite finish. The first time the carb was dipped in the cleaner, the finish came off.

Apparently, you can still find guys that can do the finish. Of course, if you ride the bike much, it probably won't last long.
            My DC-10 has that finish, and no, I never cleaned it...

Comment

can you post a photo Joe?

Comment

Can someone shed some more light on this? Does he still do this? I have a few carbs that need to be done.
                1959 XLCH

Comment

The Corvette restoration shops get their Holley carbs plated with
                  the same finish, try checking with them.

Comment

The gold finish on the carb was anodized
                    Tim

Comment

Working...
                    X