Award clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Award clarification

Let me first say thank you for this website and forum. I greatly appreciate the help I receive here. I am very happy with the valuable information that I received from the judges this last weekend in Dixon at my 35VLD's first judging. I look forward to trying to get my bike to a condition that may earn an AMCA award eventually. I have a question about a friend who also had his bike judged. Two years ago he received Junior First, and last year he got a Senior award. This year with a score of 94 he was awarded Junior First again. Shouldn't he have been awarded Winners Circle? Thank's in advance for helping this newbie understand the way things work.

YobaG.

I bike needs to have already received a senior award and then score more than 95 at the next judging to go up into the winners circle. I don’t think your friend should have received another junior award?

Pete Reeves 860

Comment

YubaG
      I have not received the paperwork from the meet yet. but an error was made.
      your friend should NOT have received another Junior First, you only get an award one time. your friend's bike is still a Senior.
      when your bike achives the Senior award, it is judged at the next meet you attend, it MUST get 95 or above to enter the Winners circle. your friend should have gotten a "Snc"(Senior/no change) at this meet. when I receive the paperwork, that is how it will show on the computer.
      there is also the possibility of human error, that is why it is VERY IMPORTANT to enter the bike number EXACTLY the same each time, and to have previous judging papers with the bike
      Last edited by kval; 06-23-2009, 02:10 PM.
      Kevin Valentine 13
      EX-Chief Judge

Comment

award clarification

YubaG,
        Sorry for the mix up on the award. We are glad you caught it this early, and we have made the corrections. Were you able to attend any of my seminars on the judging process by chance over the weekend? Did we lure you into being a judge? Whatcha going to build for us next?
        Thanks for the correction, RF.

Comment

Red Fred, I didn't attend your seminar but would certainly like to and will try next year. What will I build next!?! I have plenty of work to do on the 35 as I would like to earn an AMCA award with it and I have new information directing me on what needs correcting.

Comment

Award Clarification

Ah, good on ya then. This is exactly how it's supposed to work. Climbing the ladder, and learning the whole way up.
            Thanks for sharing your bike, RF.

Comment

I'm very impressed ! This is how it should work !! Paps

Comment

Working...
              X