1936 unrestored at dixon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1936 unrestored at dixon

Did you see the green and silver 36 at the Dixon meet?
    Chris what score did it receive in the judging?
    I'm going to have dreams of finding a bike like that in a barn !!!
    dennis49

Speaking of Dixon........ it sure would be nice to see a picture or two..... What kind of turn out was it for original machines?
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Dennis, if you are going to dream of one make sure it has unaltered numbers!!!
      otherwise it might turn out to be a nightmare...
      I believe it was excused from the judging field.
      Attached Files
      Hank Fisher, AMCA #2940

Comment

Cory, there was a large number of unrestored bikes, this years theme, and even more beautifully restored bikes than last year. The weather was perfect and the fact that they ran out of T-shirts and food tells me that this years event was even larger than last year. The judging teams were working hard until after 5 pm. The Fort Sutter Chapter put on another fantastic meet!!
        Hank Fisher, AMCA #2940

Comment

That original '36 had me drooling, till I saw the totally bogus number job on it. It is a crying shame. You can see a photo of it over at the www.caimag.com/forum. I'll post some pictures of it when I get home tomorrow or the next day.
          Be sure to visit;
          http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
          Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
          Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by theknucklehead View Post
            Cory, there was a large number of unrestored bikes, this years theme, and even more beautifully restored bikes than last year. The weather was perfect and the fact that they ran out of T-shirts and food tells me that this years event was even larger than last year. The judging teams were working hard until after 5 pm. The Fort Sutter Chapter put on another fantastic meet!!

Glad to hear that it was an enjoyable show. Ya gotta love those unrestored originals! Too bad that Knuckle had bad numbers.......
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

I have tons of photos, but can't possibly beign to post them here due to the restrictions, I am sorry to say.

Comment

Rooster, have you tried Photobucket? They made it for dopes like me.
                Eric Smith
                AMCA #886

Comment

Here is a few pictures from Dixon. I will post some more when I get back home.

http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/a...view=slideshow
                  Last edited by theknucklehead; 06-28-2009, 05:53 PM.
                  Hank Fisher, AMCA #2940

Comment

Thanks Hank--- I know it takes some amount of effort to upload all the photos. Your bikes have kindled a renewed inspiration for me...!

Comment

thanks for the pics would really like to see the 36!!

Comment

Here's a few more of that '36:

Comment

What's up with the shift gate and lever? Was late '36 already using '37 style? And there is a seller on eBay that claims to have a set of '36 cases!
                          Robbie
                          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Oh, And what about the steering damper lever, and that '38 boot guard,And the gas caps, and.....?
                            Robbie
                            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rub View Post
                              Oh, And what about the steering damper lever, and that '38 boot guard,And the gas caps, and.....?
                              Robbie
                              The steering damper lever is correct. I am sure the boot guard was added by the owner way back when. Gas caps get changed. The '36 shifter was not well received. Many owners switched to the '37 type when they became available. This one has the -41 ball on it.
                              My guess on the carb cover, seat, headlamp and kicker pedal is that they disappeared while the bike was being stored and incorrect replacements were put on.
                              It is quite possoble that this machine left the factory without the optional brake light switch.
                              Be sure to visit;
                              http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                              Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                              Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Working...
                              X