Roadmaster Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadmaster Badge

I am trying to find out what years and history of Indian's Roadmaster badges. Did Indian sent them out of the Wigwam with the Roadmaster badge on them. If so, one side (rider right) or both sides on the lower inside of the front skirt. What comprised the equipment that made that level? Or other levels? Were spotlights required for it to be a Roadmaster? Etc. Please tell me what you can. Many Thanks!

A.J., I'm probably the least qualified member to respond to this, but since no one else has, I'll tell you what little I know (or think I know) about the Roadmaster equipment. The items that were not included in the Sportsman or Clubman equipment groups were a sport windshield, chrome windshield mounting bar, chrome spotlights, chrome handlebar cross bar, and fender mounted sadlebags.

I have seen Roadmaster emblems mounted on the lower valances as well as on the upper valances forward of the front forks. I have seen them mounted on one side only as well as both sides. Probably all were placed there by the dealer or owner. I have no idea where the factory put them or if the factory ever did install them. There are bound to be some good resource material available, perhaps Jerry Hatfield's new Indian restoration guide.

Comment

My '48 has one emblem, mounted on the right lower valance, aft of the fork. It is attached by two studs through the fender. I would recommend Jerry Hatfield's book.
      - Dana

Comment

Working...
      X