Transmission Lock Strip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission Lock Strip?

Obviously missing when I disassembled the bike (66FLH) but I have a "transmission lock strip" in the mounting kit I got from Colony. The parts manual shows it mounting on the front of the tranny mounting plate, but where/how?

Does it go between the front of the tranny plate and frame with the lip up, so the lip is alongside the front of the mounting plate? It can't go on top of the mounting plate, as the bolts come up from the bottom and thread into the plate on the front?

If it does go between the plate and frame, why? Why take a rock solid flat fit of plate to frame and add this thin strip?

i believe it goes under the heads of the bolts that go up through and thread into the plate and after the bolts are tightened fold the four corners down around the heads of the bolts. you can find the same system in use on new dressers to keep the mounting bolts tight that hold the front fender to the forks

Comment

Flat..

I suppose that makes sense...as the bolts come up from the bottom, keeps them from working out? Anyone esle want to weigh in before the locktite goes on?

Comment

That's not it...

It won't fit on the way flat explained... if it fits on the front of the tranny plate, it can either go between the frame and the plate with fold pointing up parallel and in front of the plate (which makes no sense and I see no purpose for that type of installation.

or..it could go under the bolts as Flat suggested but the folded part would either have to point down or toward the rear of the bike, both would be contrary to the pic in the parts manual..if it's correct.

Comment

Working...
        X