45 Parts Depot (Flatland) Star Hubs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45 Parts Depot (Flatland) Star Hubs?

Anyone had experience with the Star Hubs from 45 parts depot (the ones with the timken bearings that use stock axles and spacers?

I can't find a Black Hub, Chrome Rim, SS spoke wheel already made, so need to have one laced up. Like the thought of timken with totally stock look.

All feedback on this vendor and especially their replica hubs appreciated!

Steve

Recommend Star Hubs and shop

I had these star Hubs on my 47 WL. Until I sold the bike I rode about 2000 miles on it with no problems. I think the 45 parts depot Star Hubs are reliable.
    I got many orders from 45 parts depot until they left Europe some years ago. Kurt and Wendy are very nice vendors and I never had a problem with them.

Martin
    Martin Brill

www.brillantparts.com

Comment

i laced up a rim using one of kurts star hubs but it wasn't the timken bearing so i can't give you feedback on yours. but i have ordered other parts and just kurts customer service and good quality stuff will keep me buying from him.

Comment

I used one of Kurt's rear hubs for a customer's 1937 WL and was very impressed with the quality of it. With a five-year warranty, you can't go wrong and Kurt has always stood behind everything I have ordered from him.

Comment

Ditto with what Johnny said. I've dealt with him extensively and if I ever had any problems...he corrected them. If I could only get even with him at the pool table again ! ;)Paps

Comment

Do they make a Timkin bearing kit for a 45 front hub/drum assembly by chance? I hadn't taken notice of it on their site, but I was just wondering if I simply missed it somehow?

Thanks guys.
            "The beauty of life is more the crying baby than the great orchestra." -Woody Guthrie

Comment

I don't know if they are still in business in Warren. I couldn't get an answer on the phone and tried many times. I heard from another shop in Warren that they were closing up. Maybe they will just do business over the net.
              Denise

Comment

45 Parts Depot is on Vacation until Aug 10th. Try back after that........ Lloyd

Comment

Originally posted by 1776J View Post
                  Do they make a Timkin bearing kit for a 45 front hub/drum assembly by chance? I hadn't taken notice of it on their site, but I was just wondering if I simply missed it somehow?

Thanks guys.
                  I'll just call them about it and see what I find out.
                  "The beauty of life is more the crying baby than the great orchestra." -Woody Guthrie

Comment

We're fine Denise, just not doing the over the counter thing right now......going back to net until further notice.

When we do open to the public again, I guarantee you it will not be in Warren Ohio........f-the never ending winters, no income, everyone laid off, crappy road, cloud covered, rain saturated summers.......we're looking in Phoenix now.

Kurt

oh......the rebuild kit is in the works again. Too many people....read: novice...coffee table building amateurs were screwing their hubs up. "I tried to install this kit using my Dremel!" I may just sell to a couple machine shops that can do it right and have my customers go to them.

Comment

Originally posted by KDR View Post
                      we're looking in Phoenix now.

Kurt
                      Kurt,
                      Ya might want to look a little further north in AZ. Flaggstaff or Prescott. That lower AZ is just too damn hot in the summer.
                      Be sure to visit;
                      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

I agree Chris.......I spent 18 years in Tucson.......was there when Phoenix hit 125 and the planes couldn't fly. Myself.....I was working on the flightline at that time. Couldn't be out more than 20 mins an hour during the day. Then....some moron decided to do a chem warfare exercise. We were in condition red for 2 hours. Anyone that has done this can attest to the sweat, smell and overall pissed off attitude that comes from wearing a chem suit. My mask kept filling up with sweat......nice feeling....

But Phoenix is where the fun is........Firebird Raceway, Phoenix International Raceway, lakes, mountains, great nightlife.......no rust, salt...or....snow below 4000 feet, old cars,.....and miles and miles of riding where you don't see a house!
                        Last edited by KDR; 08-04-2009, 05:49 PM.

Comment

and you don't have to mow the stinkin grass----and you can breathe

Comment

Hey Kurt, that is good to hear. I understand your sentiments regarding the area. I lived in places that the sun shines. I also recognize that having a business with these economic times can be difficult anywhere. Warren is a tough hood, I know from working there. Good tidings wherever you go and enjoy lots of sunshine for me. Denise

Comment

Say it ain't so Kurt.

So that’s why nobody answers the door. I thought maybe you saw me coming and locked them. Sorry to hear about you leaving Kurt. It sure was great having you here when ever I needed something. I’ll miss the bull sessions as well. Guess you can’t make a living selling me gaskets and oil. LOL -Steve
                              ------------
                              Steve
                              AMCA #7300

Comment

Working...
                              X