1909 Curtiss twin coming up for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1909 Curtiss twin coming up for sale

Just received an email of a very rare V twin cutiss coming up for sale at the Minneapolis auction this weekend. Check out their webpage for the writeup. Man I would sure look good on that bike. Might just beat Joe Gardella at the Barber racetrack.
    Ross

Good find Ross! Great to hear a cool story on this crappy rainy day. I'm hoping whoever wins it decides to have it see a race or two!

Here's a link to the auction.... http://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Here's the machine......... wow!

Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Geeze Louise! I don't think they get much better than that. This is the type of bike that is the gold standard of our club. We are the Antique Motorcycle Club of America but I think we loose sight of the "ANTIQUE" part of our title. Bikes like this Curtiss made everything else possible and the creators of these motorcycles were the trailblazers for the modern bikes of the 30's and 40's. Thanks for posting that picture Cory.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

No problem Eric, I'm glad Ross mentioned it. I could talk about America's pre-20's machines all day long. It's only recently that I've realized that I have to pay some attention to the 40's machines if I want to ride down the highway! Hence some of the simpleton questions I've been asking lately...
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

how about an 8 cylinder in that bike going 136. a lot of jaws must have hit the ground when glenn curtis showed um how to do it
            rob ronky #10507
            www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

that would make one hell of a classy daily rider if it was in my possesion..

Comment

Just realized I spelled CURTISS wrong. Oh well, I was so excited when I read the story and saw the picture. Thanks for posting the picture Cory I'm not that skilled with the computer. If that isn't a 6 digit sale I will be surprised.I'm committed during the sale time or I would have driven the 500 miles just to touch it.
                Ross

Comment

[QUOTE= I'm committed during the sale time or I would have driven the 500 miles just to touch it.[/QUOTE]

500 miles just to touch it? That's crazy! Sounds like something I would do.....
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Cory someday we'll have to meet. Sounds like we could like the same beer.
                    Ross

Comment

You could be onto something there Ross. The next time I do a cross-country, I'll try and let you know and maybe we can have a b.s. session. I'll bring our favorite beer!
                      Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

It's now a plan.
                        Ross

Comment

Well folks, there is one very happy guy today as the CURTISS just sold for $200,000. You decide whether it was the seller or the buyer !!!!
                          Ross

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
                            Well folks, there is one very happy guy today as the CURTISS just sold for $200,000. You decide whether it was the seller or the buyer !!!!
                            Where would you find another like that at any price?
                            Be sure to visit;
                            http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                            Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                            Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
                              I'm sure both fellas had grins on their faces! I hope this machine shows up at meets so people can see it.
                              Cory Othen
                              Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                              X