Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stewart Warner Speedometer Harley Davidson 1941 1946

Dear all,

I know most of you hate eBay (and I fully agree with you), but just be informed that I replaced the incorrect bull's eye Stewart Warner of my 47 Knucklehead with the correct 47 speedo from Bill.

This former olive drab & cream speedo is now available...

Please note that even if quite complete and original, it will need to go through servicing (please read the auction - I made my best to explain everything there).

Many thanks and kind regards!

Chris.

The ebay Item number is: 220402707989
    Last edited by Chris in Japan; 05-06-2009, 09:55 PM.

I am happy with eBay. I buy several things a week off eBay. You do have to be careful of some people who misrepresent what they are selling on eBay.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

I too have found eBay to be a good source for some old parts that won't readily be found anywhere else. A buyer must educate himself about what he's looking at, ask a lot of questions to the seller, and know when to pass....

Comment

That's the key Rooster. When to say enough.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Fully agree with all of you, gentlemen...

Ebay is extremely comfortable, and for those outside US and missing the still important swap meeting channel, often it is the only way!

But anyhow, the very true recommendation of knowing when to pass by, is tough to accomplish!

Of course I never went as far as killing my mother for funds for ebay! But I have to admit that in certain opportunities I acted like a desperado and cut all heads around me...

Result: pumping up prices! Sellers are very quick adjusting prices if they know (and normally do!) that prices have escalated.

My already many times mentioned 47 speedo was a good example. These a rare and therefore cool temper at auction closure was absent!

Kind regards.

Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris in Japan View Post
            But anyhow, the very true recommendation of knowing when to pass by, is tough to accomplish!
            But I have to admit that in certain opportunities I acted like a desperado and cut all heads around me...
            Kind regards.
            Chris.
            I must confess I have been guilty of that on occasion, as well. Sometimes a part comes up that is sooooo nice, and... well, if I'm willing to pay X amount for it, I tell myself I am also willing to pay X, plus X more for it...! And therein lies the danger of overspending. But I will say that on those occasions, I have been well-pleased with the part once it was in my hands.

Comment

You don't overspend. You just pay the price too soon. It will be there in a while.
              Be sure to visit;
              http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
              Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
              Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Oh, yeah! I was also extremely happy!!!

The challenge is afterwards to hide these "investments" fom the house-police... There is sometimes little understanding about this "vision" of ours!

Regards,

Chris.

Comment

Dear all - the speedo is sold... Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X