Harry Sucher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Sucher

Sorry to report the passing of Harry Sucher, author of the Iron Redskins and several other books. Harry was quite a neat and very knowledgeable enthusiast of antique motorcycles and alot more I believe. I am grateful that I was lucky enough to get to know him a little and share some memories. I wonder how many Indian fans got their start thanks to Harry's book's ? I know I did, he was a blast to be around and had lots of tails of the old days and his adventures on old machines. I have a vedio of him on his four cylinder with a cigar in his mouth and a big grin roaring down the road, thats the way I well remember him.
    Thats all I know, just found out - thought I should pass the word, he will be missed for certain. Best wishes to the family, rest in piece Harry !

May God rest his Soul in Peace !!!

Comment

Harry Sucher was the pioneer motorcycle historian. I was so happy to get my copy of 'The Iron Redskin' and 'The Milwaukee Marvel' when they first came out. A lot has been discovered since the first publications of his books but he was alone in the wilderness when he wrote them and had to piece these stories together without the benefit of other historical research. I'll bet he was an interesting guy, you were lucky to have known him Tom.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

I just recently picked up a copy of The Milwaukee Marvel at a used book store. It was a shock to see it and I scooped it up right away. Like Eric indicated, it was a noble effort to try to put such an interesting motorcycle history on paper. Sorry to hear of Harry's passing.
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Many people don't know that Harry was also an accomplished small boat designer and stability expert. He wrote several books on these subjects that are highly valued and studied by small sailboat builders/owners. A very diversified man indeed. Only met him once but it was very enjoyable.

Comment

Working...
          X