39 ish knucklehead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 39 ish knucklehead

Hey all, I know this is supposed to be a technical discussion forum, but I just can't help but show you my knucklehead. It was last registered by the previous owner in 1988. I got bought it from him out of his hayloft on the big island of Hawaii in 1998, We didn't touch it until 2008 and now in 2009, it is ready to be fired up. Close inspection will show that there are alot of wrong year and aftermarket parts. (Finding and restoring all the correct parts is an ongoing process), but its mine, its done and in a few days, I'll be able to say it runs.

-Jim
    Attached Files

I'm envious!
    Ralph

Comment

looks great and it will be a labor of love to complete little by little. but if you don't want to do that you can send it to me and I woun't charge you at all
      Moose
      aka Glenn

Comment

It Runs! It Runs.

Here's the You Tube Video of my father taking his first test ride on the bike he worked on all winter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6xDOIPpcrg
        Last edited by bodnarjw; 04-27-2009, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Good for you guys! That bike will give anyone riding it tons of smiles!!
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Who cares what parts are on it? To many of these bikes are put on display and not ridden, but boy do they get points at the show! The proof is in the smile on your face when you got off that beast!, Ride on bro-have a blast, that's what it is all about!
            Pete Cole AMCA #14441
            1947 Indian Chief

Comment

My Dad has the bike running pretty good now. Took A LOT of carb fine tuning including slightly drilling out the idle hole plus a float from Cotten to get this bike to the point where we feel it will start first kick every time, hot, warm or cold. Took it to the local Harley Dealer which is Lake Erie Harley Davidson in Avon Ohio last weekend for their Hot Rods and Hot Wings show. Apparently people REALLY like old bikes. It was a small show with probably four hundred bikes so there were only three categories: People's Choice pre 1980, People's choice for 1980 and later and Judge's choice Best of Show. This mostly 39 Knucklehead took People's choice for it's category and Judge's choice Best of Show. -Kind of an ego boost, but more importantly, he had a whole lot of fun talking with the hordes of people who wanted to know more about the bike.
              Attached Files

Comment

bigger photos

Sorry, Let's try that again with bigger photos now that I've figured out how to do it.

Comment

congratulations guys on a job well done!!!! hope i can join the ranks of running motorcycles one day soon

Comment

Working...
                  X