This'll make the purists cringe.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This'll make the purists cringe.....

Looks like quite the project on e-bay.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harle...1%7C240%3A1318
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

When I was a happy delusional youth, I liked to pretend my bicycle was a racing car. My fantasy racing car was a well built J.C. Higgins bicycle that was more than strong enough for a boy of my size and strength. I don't know if you could say that about this bicycle. . . I mean "boardtracker". Interesting find c.o.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

I saw it also and am hard pressed to figure out what it is. Interesting looking forks and part of a Harley J engine, but no idea what this is.
      Buzz Kanter
      Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
      [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
      [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

Yup Buzz, it is a definitely part of a rough J motor...... and hint... the rest of it came from Springfield!

Eric, I can recall similar experiences. Somehow, no matter how hard one pretended, it still wasn't a "real" race car..... that is what dreamin' is for I guess...
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

i saw this bike in person at a fle market in pa. motor is stuck , real bad rear cylinder every thing is real bad i made an offer of 200 man said lots of lucky buddy. i wanted a set of 23cases. i don't know indians at all but oil tank might be legit? looks real cool from 4 rows over.
          rob ronky #10507
          www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Rob, your $200 offer was very generous for this thing. This is a bicycle with a lot of dangerous modifications to make it look like a motorcycle. I can't believe it's bid up to $1,500 so far. Whoever gets this thing is going to be very disappointed.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Looks like I need my eyes examined! At a quick glance I thought from the seat post forward was Indian iron. But after your comment Eric, I had a closer look at all the pictures. That bike is nasty! Interesting attempt at art, but it wouldn't have made a lap on the boardtracks I'm sure!
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

no feedback left on this bike yet. I hope nobody here gets it for fathers day.
                rob ronky #10507
                www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Father's Day is on Sunday....hehe

Comment

Working...
                  X