After-Market Springer Horns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After-Market Springer Horns

I’ve just had the third springer horn in seven years go bad on me. Has anyone found a way to repair them or at least found a way to make them last longer? These things ain’t cheap and I’m running out of money.
    ------------
    Steve
    AMCA #7300

someone told me if you don't use the horn it will last forever .got my 12v from way back wheels.but i don't use it much
    rob ronky #10507
    www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Step up and buy a Delco 16 OEM horn. They last forever.
      Be sure to visit;
      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
        Step up and buy a Delco 16 OEM horn. They last forever.
        Yes Chris, the wisest investion.
        Martin Brill

www.brillantparts.com

Comment

Thanks for the info. Now let me go see if I can find one. I did a quick search at the Delco site but had no luck. At least I know what to look for now. Thanks again.
          ------------
          Steve
          AMCA #7300

Comment

Steve,
            Be aware that the Delco 16 was used in various applications, both automotive as well as motorcycle so different types have different mounting arrangements. Original H-D horns are on eBay all the time but can get pricey. Be patient and look often and you might be able to pick one up at a good price.
            Robbie
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I don't just attend the local RUB swapmeets to see old friends Steve. I go to look in their....what they believe is junk.......boxes under their tables. Paps

Comment

Thanks Robbie,
                I'll keep my eyes open for a cheap one. I really need two though cause the one on the 45" doesn't work either. Maybe when my stimulas check gets here I'll be setting fat.

Paps,
                Oh man! Did you see something under a table I didn't see. Hell and all I got was that dinged up old air cleaner. LOL
                ------------
                Steve
                AMCA #7300

Comment

Horn repair

Steve,
                  Sometime back Perry Ruiter posted a link on this forum to his excellent article on horn repair. Maybe you can fix yours. http:/www.ruiter.ca horn overhaul
                  Doug.

(It doesn't look like this link is going to work, but I typed in the search and it does come up, it can also be searched on this forum under horn repair.)
                  Last edited by D.Mac; 03-18-2009, 11:00 AM. Reason: link didn't show up at all!
                  Doug McLaughlin #6607
                  NorCal, USA

Comment

Hmmm, ahem - anyone have the Delco part number for the horn that came with the 65 pan or later shovels? Can't seem to find one. One I have is the much later HD replacement, and would like to find the original correct Delco part#. I just might have one but want to make sure it's the right one.
                    Ray
                    AMCA #7140

Comment

Originally posted by D.Mac View Post
                      Steve,
                      Sometime back Perry Ruiter posted a link on this forum to his excellent article on horn repair. Maybe you can fix yours. http:/www.ruiter.ca horn overhaul
                      Doug.

(It doesn't look like this link is going to work, but I typed in the search and it does come up, it can also be searched on this forum under horn repair.)
                      Here's the direct link to the article. One day I hope to update it with photos ... Perry

Comment

Thanks Perry, That procedure of yours gives me something to try as well as a good description of how these horns work. I’ll check it out and let everyone know what I find.
                        ------------
                        Steve
                        AMCA #7300

Comment

Great procedure Perry. I got two of my horns working again last night using your instructions. Now I even have a spare. You saved me a nice chunk of change. Thanks again. -Steve
                          ------------
                          Steve
                          AMCA #7300

Comment

Working...
                          X